My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Use of File Zilla with Foxsat HDR

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypembs

I have got Raydon's MEdia and File Server Bundle (4.04) set up on my PC and working correctly. I already use File Zilla so I have been trying to use that to communicate with the Foxsat but, so far, I haven't succeeded. I get the following message:
    Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
    Can anyone help me to resolve this ? Thanks.

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 15:16:32 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You do not say what parameters you used - Normally FOXSAT-HDR as the host(and the other details as per the documentation) - If that does not work for you (You mention http is working) then use the IP in the place of foxsat-hdr. Foxsat-hdr relies on samba.

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 16:53:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypembs

Thanks for your reply. Here is a screen capture of the settings in FileZilla.

Attachments

1. Filezilla.JPG (47.5 KB, 3 downloads) 12 years old
    | Fri 23 Dec 2011 23:51:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

As suggested by REPASSAC, in filezilla Site manager try replacing Host: 'FOXSAT-HDR' with the dotted decimal form of the HDR IP address.

This will look something like 192.168.0.105

You can find what your HDR IP address actually is from the unit itself by pressing 'Menu' then selecting ' System' then 'Network'

| Sat 24 Dec 2011 9:19:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

In addition just wondering why you have port 9000 selected? I'm not near my box so I can't check raydon's readme for the ftp server, but usually ftp listens on port 21 as I remember (9000 is for UDP at any rate).

So if changing from "foxsat-hdr" to your IP address doesn't fix it then I would suggest changing the port number in filezilla to 21 or just leave it blank.

| Sat 24 Dec 2011 12:26:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypembs

Aaarrrrggghhh ! It was the port setting, I don't know what I was thinking of when I set it to 9000. Many thanks to everyone for their time with this and Merry Christmas.

| Sun 25 Dec 2011 22:42:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

Great, glad you got it working now!

| Mon 26 Dec 2011 9:34:02 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.