My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Using a UK HDR 2000T in Australia?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moschops

Hi Folks, Newbie here.
    Firstly, I apologise if this topic has already been covered/exhausted.
    I bought my Humax HDR 2000T in the UK years ago and loved it.

I since emigrated to Australia in 2015, but find my Humax no longer has any functionality apart from watching the pre-recorded programmes recorded in UK. There is no EPG, no channel recognition etc.
    I know that Australia broadcast their programmes on a different frequency to UK hence it not working as it should. Currently, when I reset my box back to factory and try to setup again, the choices of country are UK or Ireland only. No other choice.

So I'll get to the point. Is there a fix/workaround/hack that I can use to get my Humax up and running again? I'm not good with electronics so a harware fix will have to be step by step I'm afraid. What if I update the software here in Australia, will that fix it?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

| Fri 5 May 2017 23:22:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The most likely explanation is that the underlying encoding standards used in the Oz digital signal differ from those used in the UK. If you google... TV standards Australia vs UK ...you will get info which casts serious doubt on your box ever working. A s/w update will be most unlikely to fix it.

| Sat 6 May 2017 9:45:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

moschops - 10 hours ago  » 
    I bought my Humax HDR 2000T in the UK years ago and loved it.
    I since emigrated to Australia in 2015, but find my Humax no longer has any functionality apart from watching the pre-recorded programmes recorded in UK.
    Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Try reading this thread over at hummy.tv https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/humax-hdr-fox-t2-moved-from-uk-to-australia.5909/

| Sat 6 May 2017 10:11:22 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.