My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Using Fox T2 as HDD only, with Sony Bravia W70C

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BarryN

Is it possible to connect my Fox T2 via HDMI to the above Sony Smart TV to use as an HDD only..... Or do I have to use some other connection ?

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 14:45:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BarryN - 1 minute ago  » 
    Is it possible to connect my Fox T2 via HDMI to the above Sony Smart TV to use as an HDD only..... Or do I have to use some other connection ?

Do you mean that you want to use the FOX T2 as a hard drive for the Sony? I don't think that is possible.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 14:48:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BarryN

Yes ....all the smart functions are on my new TV....I just want to be able to record onto The Fox T2 from the TV...
    Alternatively should I be able to put TV signal through the Fox T2 and then into the TV via HDMI cable alone ?

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 14:53:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BarryN - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Yes ....all the smart functions are on my new TV....I just want to be able to record onto The Fox T2 from the TV...

In that case you would be better advised to sell the Humax and buy a USB hard drive.

Alternatively should I be able to put TV signal through the Fox T2 and then into the TV via HDMI cable alone ?

If you want to use the tuner in the TV then you must connect a feed to the aerial in socket of the TV. This could come from the Humax aerial out socket (I think you will need to turn off Power Saving in Standby on the Humax) or by putting a splitter in the feed to the aerial in socket of the Humax. If you don't want to use the TV tuner then an HDMI cable will be sufficient.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:01:06 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The only source a pvr can record from is it's own internal tuners. They don't have the required analogue to digital converter (they don't need one the tuners deliver digital data directly to the hard disk)

To record an external source you need a device like a VCR/DVD recorder with analogue inputs. Recording is only possible in SD.

Curious as to what channels you can get on your TV to record that you can't record directly using the HDR FOX T2's twin tuners.

If you think you could record content like the smart TV catch up services you can't.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:06:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BarryN

I would rather use the Humax ....but with an HDMI connection, my new TV (Sony Bravia W70C)) Smartt doesn't not seem able to find it

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:19:52 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BarryN - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I would rather use the Humax ....but with an HDMI connection, my new TV (Sony Bravia W70C)) Smartt doesn't not seem able to find it

There's something very wrong. Assuming you are using the TV remote to select the HDMI port it's connected to. The remote should have a button with a small TV screen and an inwards pointing arrow. Repeatedly pressing this will cycle through the TV external inputs.

If you are try a different cable and/or different HDMI ports on tne TV.

As the box is presumably used, you may have bought a duff one.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:30:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

BarryN - 2 hours ago  » 

The TV will never see the Humax as something it can record to. Only as something it can display.

| Tue 21 Jul 2015 18:00:25 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.