My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Using recorder via analog

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Agzy

Not sure if this if possible but for years used box and dish to watch TV in Spain but no more. However, the caravan site I stay on provides Itv and BBC plus news channel via cable providing analogue reception. The only TV I have that still receives analog is a Meos which hasn’t got a record to harddrive/memory stick facility. Can I use my Foxstat box to record via this method?

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 14:49:36 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sorry but no.
    I am surprised the site provides the service in analogue - The Spanish switch off of analogue was in 2010. Possibly ask if they provide any digital services.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 15:26:00 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Think you may mean the site uses PAL modulators to distribute from a digital cable source. You would need a old VCR or DVD recorder to record and view. The Foxsat in common with all true pvrs can only record from it's built in tuners. Analogue only TV's never had recording capability because they would need analogue to digital converters. A digital tuner delivers a signal that can simply be recorded straight to a hard disk,

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 15:59:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Agzy

Answers appreciated and as expected so will have to rethink, thank you for your help, Agzy

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 17:06:48 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.