My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Using the 1800T With A Control System

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TremblyBob

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a control system to control this unit? I'd like to be able to use it as part of an AV system that is being controlled by Crestron.

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 10:00:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I don't know if this is of any help.
    It is possible to send remote control commands via a network connection from a PC, with suitable software. There is a thread on the other Humax forum hummy.tv. Whether the ideas can be adapted for your purpose or whether there is an easier way, I don't know.

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 10:58:17 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

EEPhil - 55 minutes ago  » 
    I don't know if this is of any help.
    It is possible to send remote control commands via a network connection from a PC, with suitable software. There is a thread on the other Humax forum hummy.tv. Whether the ideas can be adapted for your purpose or whether there is an easier way, I don't know.

Afaik only works with the HDR-FOX-T2 but not with the HDR-1800T/2000T models. Requires the custom firmware web interface plus the remote control package.

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 11:55:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

It is possible using information given on the other website to write a program that runs on a PC (and possibly other devices) that controls a 2000T (and hence, is likely to work on an 1800T) via the network connection. I know, I've written a program based on "af123"'s workings for the T2 that works on the 2000T. Another contributer has the method working for the FVP-4000T. Custom firmware IS NOT required. All buttons on the remote control (and some others that don't exist) can be "pressed" via the network. The only exception is turning the box on.

| Wed 26 Apr 2017 9:19:26 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.