My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Using Transport streams with DVB subs as Media

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

I have recordings of MPEG2 Transport streams complete with DVB subtitles recorded from USB sticks and also taken from a 9300T hard drive. These recordings have never been near a PVR-5000T so the instructions relating to archived recordings do not apply.

I wish to use the FVP-5000T to play these files back as media either from the Download or other directory on the HDD or via a USB drive. The unusual requirement is that I do want the subtitles to be soft, that is to come on under control from the remote. I already know how to use FFMPEG to burn subtitles into the video so that is not the answer I seek since my better half needs subtitles only part of the time.

I have not yet found any format that actually works with soft subtitles. I need the container and the subtitle format. Has anyone made this work please?

| Mon 8 Jul 2019 19:15:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

philm - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have recordings of MPEG2 Transport streams complete with DVB subtitles recorded from USB sticks and also taken from a 9300T hard drive. These recordings have never been near a PVR-5000T so the instructions relating to archived recordings do not apply.
    I wish to use the FVP-5000T to play these files back as media either from the Download or other directory on the HDD or via a USB drive. The unusual requirement is that I do want the subtitles to be soft, that is to come on under control from the remote. I already know how to use FFMPEG to burn subtitles into the video so that is not the answer I seek since my better half needs subtitles only part of the time.
    I have not yet found any format that actually works with soft subtitles. I need the container and the subtitle format. Has anyone made this work please?

Hi welcome to our forum. Is this thread any help ?

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/quick-guide-to-extract-dvb-subtitles-from-ts-hd-file-and-convert-to-srt-in-minutes.6625/

| Mon 8 Jul 2019 20:23:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

grahamlthompson - 16 hours ago  » 

philm - 1 hour ago  » 

Hi welcome to our forum. Is this thread any help ?
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/quick-guide-to-extract-dvb-subtitles-from-ts-hd-file-and-convert-to-srt-in-minutes.6625/

Thanks, I saw that and tesseract does a good job of OCR and produces a fine SRT file. However PVR-5000T will not play those subtitles in the download folder alongside a mpg file or the SRT in an MKV container.

In the post he shows the subtitles from the .srt file in VLC which certainly works but I still cannot get soft subtitle playback on the PVR.

| Tue 9 Jul 2019 13:22:40 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.