My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Version 1.01.18 OTA

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

It has been pointed out over on DigitalSpy that a new software version 1.01.18 will be broadcast OTA from Wednesday next week http://dtg.org.uk/dtg/download_schedule.html Barry any idea if there is anything interesting in it? I must confess that I thought OTA broadcasts had been consigned to history.

| Tue 12 Sep 2017 21:44:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No idea Martin...I suspect nothing of any significance as we have not been asked to test it.

Will try and find out tomorrow.

| Tue 12 Sep 2017 23:29:02 #2 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

Release Notes:
    -. TLS 1.2 is applied
    -. Added Freeview new logo on EPG
    -. Improved IP OTA Scenario
    -. Added New Domain for BBC iPlayer

Nothing that would seem to fix the major problems with the boxes.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 8:17:00 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The above has been copied from Humax Website where software is available for usb update if users so desire:

1800T:

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=1185&curr_page=sw_release

2000T:

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=794&curr_page=sw_release

Note:

Also appears to be available via IP as both my 1800 and 2000T, on switch on, advised new software available, and updated.

Further Note:

From date of OTA (20 Sep 2017) Version 1.01.16 or older will not be able to access BBC iplayer.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 8:48:18 #4 |
  5. black knight

black knight

special member

Well my doubts were proved right as this update doesn't cure any of the major issues that really needed sorting.

iPlayer still crashed and rebooted the machine as well after the update, so no change there!

But hey, we got a nice new 'Freeview' logo in the TV guide!

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 17:29:24 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

black knight - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well my doubts were proved right as this update doesn't cure any of the major issues that really needed sorting.
    iPlayer still crashed and rebooted the machine as well after the update, so no change there!
    But hey, we got a nice new 'Freeview' logo in the TV guide!

Any particular programme...reason I ask is I have just streamed first 10 minutes of 5 different programmes listed in most popular without issue.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 18:52:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Yes a very helpful thread as I was wondering what the update was all about.

I was surprised to see an update for the 2000T but clicked to download it with fingers crossed.

Apart from noticing a Freeview logo on the TV guide I didnt expect much and indeed we didnt get much. I was actually more surprised that there was an "update" after all this time

Its understandable because its clearly going to take more than a basic software update to resolve any known issues with the box. I consider the 2000T to be yesterdays news and Im just trying to eek out my moneys worth over a longer time period.

To be fair when its running a recorded BBC nature programme in HD I do like the little box.

My view is that is just a shame that it wasnt a product capable of giving a full satisfaction of ownership.

Best wishes to everyone on the forum

| Sun 17 Sep 2017 6:36:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have retired my 2000T to the loft since having BT Youview. TBH I've been thinking of taking it to a charity shop (probably British Heart Foundation) as I doubt I will use it again even if I ditch BT TV.

It works flawlessly but it really was a box built to a price point and things move on.

| Sun 17 Sep 2017 14:48:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I sorted the noise issue by damping the hard drive and the casing....reducing the noise by well over a half to very acceptable unobtrusive levels

It's now coming on with the sound and hard drive functions more often than not. Well maybe 50/50 but its come on the last few times without having to reboot it.

It records very well, the guide is fast and the UI is generally very good but sometimes freezes when coming back out of signal detection or other menu functions.

It's never missed a beat on BBC 4 HD and Ive never seen one glitch in a recording or transmission. The picture quality is very good indeed

Any other reception problems Ive had are probably due to the aerial and other factors out of my control at the moment.

It plays You Tube videos and BBC i player superbly.

So Ive eased off on it but am still prone to grumble because of the horrendous noise initially and the need to reboot it sometimes on switch on.

Best wishes to everyone on the forum

| Wed 20 Sep 2017 16:30:46 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Repeat of the OTA scheduled as follows:

Mon 02-10-2017 commences 10am to Wed 04-10-2017 ends 9am

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 14:32:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.