My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Very slow response times in recorded media

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

meniscus1

Hi, I brought a Foxsat HDR T2 (with two terabyte HDD) 18 months ago and I have just one major problem with it, namely that the Media (My recordings) section is getting slower and slower to respond to any commands.
    At the moment it takes about 20 seconds to show the contents after pressing the media button. Then every command after takes a similar time, going into file manager takes ages for every single command to happen. Even stopping a playback takes about 15 seconds to get back to TV.
    I think it gets slower every time I move more files into folders. (I have about 880 Gigabytes stored so far in 8 folders in TV and 10 folders in radio)
    The software is 1:02:28
    I’ve tried to use a USB to update but nothing happened, please excuse the rambling nature of this post but it’s my first ever time on a forum.
    Thanking you in advance.

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 15:50:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

meniscus1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I brought a Foxsat HDR T2

Do you mean Foxsat (satellite) or FOX (Freeview)? How many recordings do you have?

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 19:33:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

meniscus1

Hi, it's a Foxsat (satellite), I have about 880 Gigabytes ( about maybe 300 plus TV programmes in 8 folders, this includes about 100 Gigabytes of radio programmes in an addtional 10 folders) I can check the precise number tonight but only have internet during office hours.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 10:31:47 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Now I am confused:

1. This is posted in the HDR T2 area - freeview (not a problem can be moved easily, if required)

2. Latest software for the Foxsat HDR is 1.00.21

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 10:35:28 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Well known issue with very large drives on a Foxsat-hdr. (assuming that's what the OP actually has). It's noticeable but not too bad using a nearly full 1TB drive. It's probably best to stick to less than 1TB of on board recordings and use the USB archiving capability to store the rest and play back from usb.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 11:06:46 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think the problem is related to the number of recordings (rather than their size). Several other posters with the problem also had a lot of radio programmes.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 12:04:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

meniscus1

Hi, sorry if I'm in the wrong section, this is my first time on any forum. (Also I don't know what OP means?) It's a Two Gigabyte HDD and only 44% full. It seems to get incrementally slower whenever I do “house-keeping” and move programmes into folders that I have created, (i.e. Films, Documentaries). If as one person suggests this is somehow normal then I think it’s pitiful compared to the response from a Sky+ box for example.
    Also trying to move programmes onto USB is so slow as to be impractical in reality.
    My software is 1:00:02, sorry for misleading earlier post.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 12:21:42 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

OP - forum speak for Original Poster. The custom firmware lets you transfer files directly over a network using ftp or Windows Explorer.

How you managed to be using such an old firmware is a different question. Do you leave your box on 24/7 ?. You can update the firmware using a usb memory stick.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 12:29:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

meniscus1

Thanks for the help, I shall seek out the latest firmware and transfer it this evening.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 12:45:23 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

meniscus1 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the help, I shall seek out the latest firmware and transfer it this evening.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 12:52:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.