My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Very Strange Remote behaviour

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tuffdisc

My set up consists of :- Humax 1000 500GB, A Panasonic plasma smart tv, an EE tv box,Panasonic DVD player, panasonic VHS/DVD recorder all fed through a Yamaha YSP 2200 sound bar/controlll centre.
    Suddenly last Saturday the Humax 1000, the EE box, and the Yamaha controll centre went haywire when trying to use the remotes all at the same time. This set up has been perfect for several years
    The Panasonic equipement all remained perfect.
    [/b] The Humax was uncontrollable
    The EE was difficult to controll
    The Yamaha was unpredictable (eg. press the volume button and it would shoot off right of the scale)
    I could not understand why these 3 bits of equipement all went wrong at the same time. I tried everything from new batteries, unplugging and so on.To cut it short it was the Humax 1000 causing all this.
    When I totally took it away the rest all returned to normal, I still had my old Foxsat HDR 320 which I hooked up in the place of the Humax 1000 and all was still well.
    I took the humax up stairs to my den and set it up with a spare tele, and it was non responsive to the remote so it was the culptit, I tried to reflash the software but it would not look at it, so it looks like it needs major surgery if that is possible otherwise a replacement will be required
    Any
    body seen any thing like this ?

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 8:38:22 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.