My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Video Serving not Dependable?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wisar

I love my new HDR FOX T2 but am having issues with it's serving of videos via UPnP.

In particular that XBMC sees the server, sees the directory structure for the shows that are recorded, but does not see the shows themselves!

On my iPad, however, there is a different behaviour. Using the BUZZ app I can see the server, the folders, but only the shows from one (of three) folders. Further, if the iPad goes to sleep, it loses track of the server and I have to power cycle the iPad to see the server again.

Of the above issues the XBMC one is the one that I am most bothered about as that is key to how I hope to use the Hummy.

Thanks for any help,
    Wisar

| Wed 27 Jun 2012 8:50:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wisar

Kinda quiet for this post so will answer it myself having done more research and read some other posts here. Have to admit that most of what I discovered was my own user error.

First, UPnP should be enabled on the router. I am not sure why any client would work at all without it enabled, but, with it enabled things that did work got more reliable (e.g. viewing from BUZZ on my iPad).

Second, it appears that I needed to RTFM for XBMC. When adding a source in XBMC I was expecting to see media files while I was browsing the Hummy. Doop! You only see the device and its directory structure. Add the device, or if you want to name a show, add that shows directory.

Third, remember that HD shows will not be streamed and will not show up when you browse. Another RTFM issue! Something for the want list...why can't the Hummy at least downscale the HD show for streaming? Processor power maybe? It matters not as the stuff I want to stream does not need to be in HD.

So, if anyone else has the issues that I describe, and has my issue with reading manuals, there you go.

Wisar

Anyhows, everything

| Fri 29 Jun 2012 6:55:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wisar

to finish my thought from above...is working the way it should! AND...I have now installed the customizations that give access to some additional features including the ability to stream HD recordings (though I still have some tuning to do to have things working seamlessly).

Wisar

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 17:55:00 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.