My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Viewing recorded media offline

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Competajohn

We live in Southern Spain and currently view UK tv via a Humax FOXSAT-HDR box but we will soon be losing the signal when new satellites go up and the major broadcasters move to a narrow beam. In preparation for this, we have been recording and storing various programmes to watch after we lose the signal.
    However, suddenly I have started to doubt myself and I'm not sure why but I just wanted to check that I can still view programmes that we've recorded even though we cannot get a signal from the satellite. My apologies if this is a stupid question but when your brain starts to doubt it just gnaws away at you. I thought I'd ask the forum first before starting to disconnect cables etc. to test it out!

| Sat 14 Sep 2013 12:26:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should still be able to get access to the freesat home transponder and quite a few channels also transmitted from the wide beam transponder at 28.5E (Eutelsat28a) so no reason to disconnect your lnb cables.

See

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&sat=57&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Your box should still work with these channels and have a full epg. You can't of course record any new content from channels you can no longer receive.

If you install the Custom Firmware after adding all the free channels from 28.5E you should be able to set manual recording timers for all the channels that aren't on the freesat epg while remaining in Freesat mode using the CF Channel Editor package. .

I can't see any reason why you won't be able to watch any existing recordings.

If you have any older CH4-HD recordings despite not being able to view live these should replay OK. Same for any recordings of channels you may have lost since transfer to Astra 2F

list here

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&sat=149&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Sat 14 Sep 2013 13:33:33 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.