My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Visual notification of intended HD recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

technocretin

Hi there

As an initial post I am sorry to say that I anticipate bringing coachloads of ignorance to this august website. This is partly due to asking questions on behalf of my elderly father (currently labouring with a 9300-T). My even more aged next-door-neighbour is grappling desperately with an HDR-2000T not helped, no doubt, by her devices being regularly switched off at the mains (I know, I know).

My first query is, though, just a need for understanding of something I noticed on the HDR-2000T yesterday, which is certainly not covered in the instruction manual. When setting programmes to record in the TV Guide a dialog box appears requesting whether the whole series is required for recording or just the particular programme. So far, so good. What is also prompted is the option of whether the user requires an HD recording (should a concurrent HD channel be available for said programme). Obviously the preference here would be to select the HD option. The problem herein is that once exiting the TV Guide there is no visual ‘icon’ pinned to the chosen recorded programme. In contrast to an SD selection having been made where a small red clock appears. The only option here is to access the schedule to list all selected recording times etc.

Is this a general Humax omission or could we, perhaps, have missed out on a firmware update?

Any advice much appreciated.

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 14:39:19 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

The visual 'icon' will be displayed on the HD channel in the guide as that is what you have selected to record.

eg if you set a BBC 1 programme from channel 1 in the guide and select HD to record then the icon will be displayed on the same programme on Chan 101 in the guide.

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 16:06:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

technocretin

Thanks, Barry. I see exactly what you mean. So if I had looked at the HD range of stations there would have been an icon 'flagged' for the specific programme? Makes sense, now. Cheers.

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 21:51:54 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.