My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

VOD Availability and DNLA Streaming

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fozzie bear

I am about to give up my Sky subscription for NowTV, Netflix and Amazon prime but will lose the ability to record HD FTA programmes. I am therefore looking at a replacement PVR and am tempted by the FVP 4000t but possibly after some of the bugs have been ironed out.
    However please could someone confirm the following:-
    1) What Video On Demand APPs are available through the Humax TV Portal. I assume the basics such as 4oD. BBC iPlayer etc are included but what about NowTV, Netflix, LoveFilm and Amazon Prime? I can get all these on a ROKU box but obviously cannot record FTA HD Channels?
    2) On the promotional video on the Humax website it mentions DNLA streaming. Does this work? If so does it work with built in DLNA clients such as built in to older Sony TVs or do you require a special app to act as a client.
    3) If DNLA streaming works does it stream the live feed from the tuners or only pre-recorded files on the internal hard drive?

I think most of the above is available with the Panasonic DMR-BWT850 and lower spec DMR-PWT models appear to do this but at a price tag to match.
    Many thanks
    Fozzie

| Fri 22 Apr 2016 16:37:09 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.