My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Volume Controll Via Scart on HDR320

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tuffdisc

I ran my HDR320 via the scart in/outputs through a Toshiba CRT and in and out of my Panasonic DVD/VHS combo recorder with the volume controll on my Humax set at minimum with no volume mismatch or loss of volume in any switch mode i used either recording or viewing.
    I have replaced my TV with a Panasonic which only has 1xscart socket which only takes in RGB, this I have connected to the AV1 of the recorder which functions ok.(pic and sound in and out)
    The AV2 of the recorder I have connected to the AV1 of the HDR320 which function is to allow me to dump recordings from the HDR320 to the Panasonic recorder, this is where I have a problem, the sound needs to be increased on the HDR320 volume control to allow a full AV recording (without the HDR320 volume uplift, no sound is passed to the recorder.)
    I have tried every setting adjustment on both units but cannot get away from having to increase the volume on the HDR320, yet I am sure I did not have to do this when the Tosh CRT was connected along with the Panasonic Dvd Recorder and the HDR320.
    For info I have connection to the Panasonic TV from the HDR320 via a full spec HDMI lead and the sound to my Panasonic surround system via the optical output from the HDR320.
    Has anyone an Idea why I have to screw up the volume on the HDR320 to get sound to the DVD recorder when doing a dump of a recording via a scart connection.

| Sat 5 May 2012 18:55:20 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

At a guess because the volume control on the HDR320 only works on its AV1 output and not its AV2 output which is the one traditionally designed to be connected to a VCR and for which is at a fixed (maximum) level.

It is more usual to leave the volume of the HDR320 set at maximum and control the volume using the TV volume control (or surround sound volume control if using that).

Presumably the new Panasonic TV is an HD TV and has HDMI input(s) so you would get better results viewing the HDR320 using that and only have the SCART connection for monitoring the copying of recodings to the combi.

| Sat 5 May 2012 23:37:40 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.