My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Warranty repair/exchange

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aisha1012

My Youview box has developed problems booting, and Humax are coming to collect it. Has anybody on here had this? Should I pack it up securely? Because I'm thinking they may want to see the actual unit before taking it, to check the serial number? In which case may be it would be better to put it in a box but leave the box unsealed? I don't want to do the wrong thing and then find that the couriers won't accept it. Thanks for any advice.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 11:49:01 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

When I have had an exchange, courier not interested in serial number.

If you have the original box, just put the unit, and only the unit in that in readiness, unless advised otherwise.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 12:02:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

aisha1012

OK, thanks, I'll do that.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 12:11:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

aisha1012

In case anyone else has this question -- this time, it turned out the requirements were different. The courier could only accept the bare unit. So I had to unpack the outer carton, remove the inner box, and take out the DTR-T1000, while the poor courier lad, who had already had a hell of a day with the snow problems, waited shivering in the cold on my doorstep -- not allowed to come inside due to DPD rules. Hey ho.

Anyway, the replacement box seems fine, and the snow has stopped, so all's well etc. Thanks Barry for your reply. I was wondering if this should be added to a FAQ but I guess it hardly counts as a frequently asked question if I'm the only one who has asked it.

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 17:19:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giraffe

Hi,

I think my box has developed a fault (HDMI signal keeps dropping intermittently) I was wondering how you went about getting an exchange from Humax?

I actually have one of the BT boxes, so not sure if I need to do it via them. I would rather have a courier come and collect it rather than mess around with BT, especially as they charge £99 if it turns out not to be a fault with the box!

Thanks

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 11:10:18 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

giraffe - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    I think my box has developed a fault (HDMI signal keeps dropping intermittently) I was wondering how you went about getting an exchange from Humax?
    I actually have one of the BT boxes, so not sure if I need to do it via them. I would rather have a courier come and collect it rather than mess around with BT, especially as they charge £99 if it turns out not to be a fault with the box!
    Thanks

Welcome to the Forum

My understanding is that if BT supplied the unit then they are responsible for swapping it out if the need arises.

| Sun 27 Jan 2013 11:21:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

aisha1012

Hi giraffe

My box was from the YouView trial, that's why it was dealt with by Humax. Also the boot failure problems don't have a fix so far, so that's why the box was exchanged.

There's some discussion of HDMI problems on the YouView forum. Might be worth reading, maybe you can get it resolved without having to tussle with BT.

http://community.youview.com/youview/topics

| Mon 28 Jan 2013 20:24:54 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.