My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

TV without the HDR-Fox T2 being on

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueboys45

Hi - Apologies if I am missing something blindingly obvious. I have just bought a digital TV and continue to use my HDR-Fox T2 for recordings. After attaching my aerial connection to the HDR and then on from there to the Digital TV with a scart extension going the same way, I can only get a picture if the HDR box is turned on and I use the HDR handset. If I am just watching the TV and not recording at all can I set it up so that I don't need the HDR box on so that I can use the features on the new TV and it's handset? The only way I can get that to work is to take the aerial connection out of the HDR box and put it directly in the back of the digital TV which I wouldn't want to do regularly.

Thank you in anticipation. Blueboy

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 18:00:56 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You need to turn power saving in standby, this will then enable the rf loop thru' when HDR in standby.

Menu
    Settings
    System
    Power Management

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 18:05:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Blueboys45 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have just bought a digital TV and continue to use my HDR-Fox T2 for recordings. After attaching my aerial connection to the HDR and then on from there to the Digital TV with a scart extension going the same way,

In addition to what Barry said, if you have a new TV you should consider using HDMI rather than SCART for the connection from the Humax to the TV; this should give better picture quality.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 22:28:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueboys45

Thank you Barry and Martin. I will certainly get and use a HDMI lead for use instead of the scart lead. I'm afraid that that the "Power Management option in standby" change does not work for me. It was originally on "on" and didn't work. I have changed it to "off" and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I would be grateful for any other ideas or indeed a gentle push if I have not carried out the change correctly. Regards, Blueboy

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 19:14:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Blueboys45 - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi - Apologies if I am missing something blindingly obvious. I have just bought a digital TV and continue to use my HDR-Fox T2 for recordings. After attaching my aerial connection to the HDR and then on from there to the Digital TV with a scart extension going the same way, I can only get a picture if the HDR box is turned on and I use the HDR handset.

Do you just have a scart cable connectingthe HDR-Fox T2 to the TV?
    You will also need an aerial cable from the HDR-Fox T2's Antenna Out socket to the TV.

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 23:57:30 #5 |
  6. SuburbanSteve

SuburbanSteve

Hmm.... I seem to be having the same problem too I'm using a hdmi cable and it makes no difference if the power saving is on or off I cannot get a picture unless the box is on, it would be nice to be able to help save the life of the box by only using it when I need to record somthing and like Blueboy it's to much of a pain to keep disconnecting the the box and plugging the antenna lead directly into the tv so any help would be appreciated

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 1:19:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

I think I have the same problem/situation.
    I have the RF cable connected to RF in of the Humax & a HDMI lead from the Humax to the TV connection.
    Can't get TV picture unless Humax is on, it has no effect if I turn the "Power Saving" to of or on.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 9:46:09 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just checked this to ensure nothing has changed in software.

Definitely with cable from rf out to TV with power saving off I get a picture using tv in built tuner, power saving on and it vanishes as expected.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 10:00:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnooooo

Have yet to try fixing a RF cable from Humax RF out to the TV.
    But if this works there needs to be a change to the User Manual as this connection is not stated as being required, see pages 9/10 of User Manual.
    Will try out Barrys suggestion later.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 10:10:29 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Without a coax connection from your aerial to the TV tuners how would you expect to get a unaided picture on your TV ? The tuners need a rf source from your aerial. If you don't want to turn off power saving fitting a uhf splitter to give the box and TV independent feeds. This will work for pretty well anyone unless your TV signal is just on the margin of being acceptable.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 10:52:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.