My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Weak or no signal

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tom1932

Whenever my 2000T is switched on or wakes up prior to a scheduled recording, the TV picture is lost for around 5 to 10 seconds. The screen displays a weak or no signal message. Eventually, the picture reappears. This is when the 2000T has finished its wake up. There is a knock on problem with my old Sony DVD/HDD recorder. If that is recording a programme at the time, the signal to this box is also interrupted for the same amount of time and a pale blue screen is recorded. Before I bought the Humax, I had a TVONICS machine connected in the same way as the first device in the aerial series and connected via HDMI cable. This box DID NOT interrupt the signal flow to any other device whilst it was waking up. Are there any processes I can go through on the Humax to prevent this happening?

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 15:17:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you are using the box rf loopthrough, try fitting a UHF splitter to give the TV a RF signal direct rather than through the box.

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 16:38:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tom1932

I will try that but what makes the Humax 'special' that it will cause this effect in the first place. I mean, given that I've never had this issue bofore with 2 devices ahead of the TV

| Wed 22 Jun 2016 16:02:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tom1932 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    I will try that but what makes the Humax 'special' that it will cause this effect in the first place. I mean, given that I've never had this issue bofore with 2 devices ahead of the TV

The box appears to lose the rf loopthrough for a short period when waking up to record or when manually booted. In fact in the long run a splitter will save you money as you can use low power sby.

When launched the 2000T had no loop through, it may be the fix was somewhat flawed due to hardware issues.

| Wed 22 Jun 2016 16:32:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.