My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

weak or no signal and greyed out options?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

79807uk

Over the last few weeks I'm getting the 'can't find a signal or the signal is weak' error flash up as the 2000T box tries to connect, making viewing almost impossible. If I try to record during this, the recording is pixelated and unviewable as well. Other times the box is fine, but it's happening more and more. I notice, too, that the box light stays red despite it actually being 'on', which normally turns the light blue. The Freeview website advises a re-tune to correct the 'weak signal' issue, but I find when I go into settings, the 'installation' option is now greyed out so I can't re-tune. Can anyone suggest a fix for either or both problems, neither of which occurred with the much older Hitachi box this replaced.

| Fri 9 Jul 2021 7:00:27 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Options are greyed out during playback of a recording, and/or unit is recording.

With the LED being red it would appear your unit 'thinks' it is recording.

2 Options:

1. Disconnect power to the unit and try again

or

2. If you are familiar with uploading software to the unit I can provide a 'default file' for you to upload which will restore unit to factory condition.

| Fri 9 Jul 2021 8:19:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

79807uk

Many thanks for your fast reply, Barry. Thanks for pointing out the recording issue - you were right, something was set to record. I'd turned the power off before but with no effect, this time I left it off overnight and I've been able to access the settings now and re-tune, which appears to have stopped the 'weak signal' error message. Thanks again!

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:40:03 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.