My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Weak Signal

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brooker

My Humax 4000t suddenly died. First it said it could not connect to internet via Ethernet. Then it put up message Weak signal or no signal. I changed HDMI cable and aerial. Then switched it off and on. No response. I replaced it by old PVR9300T and that worked fine. I have been forced to buy a 5000T which works. on reading the forum could it be the software update?
    My real query is this can one recover the recordings on the old box?

| Sat 8 Aug 2020 16:03:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

First I would try your FVP-4000T with your new FVP-5000T power supply to eliminate that. If not successful you could try a manual software update; there's a version on the Humax support site and instructions telling you how to do it. You need a small usb stick, I use an old 128Mb stick but I believe anything up to 1Tb will be ok if formatted to FAT32 on a pc.

I think the HD recordings are encrypted and will only play on the unit they were recorded on.

| Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:43:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

batteryman - 5 hours ago  » 
    If not successful you could try a manual software update; there's a version on the Humax support site and instructions telling you how to do it. ...
    I think the HD recordings are encrypted and will only play on the unit they were recorded on.

The software on the Humax website seems to be the previous version, not the current update.
    All recordings are encrypted and will only play on the original hardware. If the 4000T can be made to work the SD content may be copied to USB disk.

| Sun 9 Aug 2020 16:47:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

The version on the Humax website isn't the latest, but you can download and use it to get the unit going and then update it once you have a network or wifi connection using the update function in settings. The website uses version 94 which will update to version 96 from the internet.

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 9:53:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brooker

thank you. I used new power pack and downloaded new software. Unfortunately still got 'weak or no signal' and signal strength shown as zero but all recordings there so could access them.

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:55:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brooker - 13 mins ago  » 
    thank you. I used new power pack and downloaded new software. Unfortunately still got 'weak or no signal' and signal strength shown as zero but all recordings there so could access them.

Have you tried retuning?

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 11:09:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.