My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

weak signal on FVP5000T

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

laburnum01

I was having the same intermittent 'no signal, weak signal' problem with my FVP-4000T on most HD channels. I tried an attenuator which did not fix the problem, in fact, it made it worse. The signal quality kept dropping from 78 to 0.

I solved the problem by replacing an internal 5m aerial cable with a shorter 0.5 meter aerial cable between wall socket and the box which eliminated the problem completely.

| Fri 5 Jan 2018 22:59:24 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

laburnum01 - 10 hours ago  » 
    I was having the same intermittent 'no signal, weak signal' problem with my FVP-4000T on most HD channels. I tried an attenuator which did not fix the problem, in fact, it made it worse. The signal quality kept dropping from 78 to 0.
    I solved the problem by replacing an internal 5m aerial cable with a shorter 0.5 meter aerial cable between wall socket and the box which eliminated the problem completely.

Almost certainly a badly fitted or faulty connector on one end (or both) of the replaced cable. Usually a whisker of screen touching the centre core creating a low resistance (near short circuit).

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 9:53:17 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.