My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

web access user and password

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrowman

I installed 4.1.2 yesterday and it seemed to be very good. I added ftp, telnet and samba and was able to see the samba share and login via ftp or telnet.
    Today I cannot access the web page it keeps asking for a user name and password. I saw 4.1.3 was available so installed that.

Also diagnosics and some other options were greyed out.
    Same problem with the web interface but the others seem repaired now. I saw a post relating to an earlier version ( 4.0.4 it think ) which suggested deleting the mongoose password and renaming an older one but I can't find either on the system.
    Any idea how I can fix this please

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 15:59:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you got telnet activated on your version of windows, by default it's not ? Diagnostics was probably greyed out because the box was recording or about to record in the next 15 mins. The latest version of the CF don't use the Mongoose server if I remember correctly.

You can reset the password using telnet but you have to activate it (Google activate telnet Windows xx)

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/page-34#post-23164561

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:12:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrowman

Hi,
    I don't use windows, I have been using Linux for years. I can telnet and ftp into the box but I just cannot get passed the login for the web interface.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:16:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barrowman - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    I don't use windows, I have been using Linux for years. I can telnet and ftp into the box but I just cannot get passed the login for the web interface.

Did you follow the link re deleting the password ?

Just enter pass-disable from telnet to restore unsecured access to the web interface in the event of a forgotten username or password.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:24:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrowman

Hi Graham,
    No I didn't follow the link I thought it was about enabling telnet for Windows. i have followed it now and it's fine.
    I don't like the unrestricted access but I am as sure as I can be that I didn't set one before.
    I have added myself as a user and set a password.
    When I look at the option to delete a user I only see the one I have just created. So unless pass-disable simply removes all users I am still puzzled as to how it happened.
    Thank you for your excellent help

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:38:21 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barrowman - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    No I didn't follow the link I thought it was about enabling telnet for Windows. i have followed it now and it's fine.
    I don't like the unrestricted access but I am as sure as I can be that I didn't set one before.
    I have added myself as a user and set a password.
    When I look at the option to delete a user I only see the one I have just created. So unless pass-disable simply removes all users I am still puzzled as to how it happened.
    Thank you for your excellent help

You are welcome, no idea why you finished up with no access. Apologies if my original post suggested you had no experience with the technology.

Without any other info, posters have to assume a basic level of IT experience, and based on previous posters, Linux experience is pretty limited,

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 20:01:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barrowman

No need to apologise. I didn't give you any clues did I
    Yes Linux knowledge is limited for most.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 20:28:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolm_c

Please note the instructions on use of password protection, as it will not allow video to be played using the VLC plugin.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 13:59:29 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.