My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Weird colours!

(3 posts)
  1. Reisser

Reisser

I was watching a recording this afternoon and thought there was a bit of an orange 'hue'. Then about an hour later the people turned to smurfs with their skin going all blue!
    I changed to live telly and this was the same with the writing on info showing as orange.

I turned the hummy off and checked the television picture and this was fine.

On turning the hummy back on it was back to normal.

So I am wondering what would have caused this?

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 19:45:18 #1 |
  2. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

You don't say if you are connected from Humax to TV via Scart or HDMI. Scart (RGB) uses 3 different connectors for Red Green and Blue so it is possible to get strange colours if they are not all making contact. HDMI is digital and does not use different connectors for different colours, It uses 3 pairs of data cables to carry digitized picture and sound, However it is possible the 'handshaking' between Humax and TV failed in some way. If you use HDMI do you get a green screen when the Humax is first connecting to the T.V. as this is a momentary HDMI 'handshaking' failure

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 0:19:52 #2 |
  3. Reisser

Reisser

Sorry for not replying sooner!

It is connected by HDmi. To be honest I haven't really noticed whether there is a green screen when it first connects but will keep an eye out.

I do see some green screen when there is a picture break up.

Thankfully, it hasn't happened again so really hoping it was a 'blip'.

| Sat 31 Mar 2012 23:31:59 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.