My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Weird Humax?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Colt45 UK

Am I the only one have weird HDR2000T box?

Everytime I switch on my humax - my android tab or pc can pick up my humax.

Left my humax on 24/7 because I have few recording schedules.

Few days later, my android tab or pc can't find humax even humax is still on.

The only way to picks it up again if I restart the network setting again over and over again. Is this normal? - I suspect it might goes down when my ISP dropped out. But that doesn't affect to the rest of my devices but only Humax

Quite annoying for me as I can't figure out how to keep it alive permanently.

I haven't update firmware as I don't want to risk break them so it's factory default - bought this few months ago.

Hope anyone can help, thanks.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 15:20:56 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"Left my humax on 24/7 because I have few recording schedules."

Not a freeview viewer but all Humax PVR's are designed to be left in standby when not being viewed. They will wake and be ready when a recording is due to be made and also save you in excess of £25 a year in electricity.

You can also try extending the DHCP lease time on your router or making an address reservation for the units MAXC address, again on your router.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 15:59:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Colt45 UK

I've already set my humax a fixed internal IP using DHCP (same with all my other devices) but sometimes when my ISP goes down, the IP on humax shows different IP i.e. starting with 168. instead of 192.
    The only way is that I have to go into the settings, network and click "OK" in Lan Settings .. or restart the box for it to work again.

I felt it's down to Humax, because I felt that this device goes AWOL everytime something isn't right

I really do hope to rid of Virgin Media TIVO to save me at least £60 a year (not including the electricity cost :p)

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:55:58 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Seen PC's allocate 168 as well, when unable to use DHCP settings - perhaps due to routers default gateway being invalid due to loss of ISP connection.

As you have pre-set the IP using DHCP - you could also make it fixed on the foxsat pointing the DNS and gateway to the router IP.
    That should solve your problem.

Why does the ISP go down? I loose mine only about twice a year for very short periods.

Edit: I hope this model does let you set static ip's.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:56:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Colt45 UK

My Virgin Media acting up over xmas - It's not "down" - but lots of disconnection, i.e. website not available (even on google, facebook) for like 1 or 2 mins, then it back working again but this keeps happening every few days. But I'm thinking of getting the tech round to look at it - as could be a fault in my line in the street? :p

Anyway, yea - i think there's a manual setting I can setup on my Humax and see how it is goes. Will report back here if I experience anymore problems.

Thanks

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 22:26:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.