My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Weird issues over failed recordings

(20 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whilst I appreciate that users have stated no power failures it should be noted that my tests have revealed there is an issue in this respect.

If the unit has mains power removed either deliberately, or power failure, then whilst the clock does reset on power restore, subsequent timers will fail until the unit is standby cycled.

Note: I have only tested this in high eco mode, with rf loop enabled so time indicated on front display.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 17:23:32 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

This was something the triallists pointed out very early on. Something Humax that do not seem to learn as it was for a long time the same with their Foxsat HDR.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 22:15:39 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

gomezz - 19 minutes ago  » 
    This was something the triallists pointed out very early on. Something Humax that do not seem to learn as it was for a long time the same with their Foxsat HDR.

Not something I remember, and Humax were not aware until I pointed it out to them this week. I have carried out further tests and found other issues now, which I will discuss with them next week.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 22:39:48 #13 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Left hand, right hand at a guess. Youview knew.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 23:06:35 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dominic

I have been experiencing the same problem of failed recordings and partial recordings so I thought I would join the party. I have emailed Youview and was advised to retune my Youview box and then reboot it by holding onto the front button for 8 seconds. I didn’t hold up too much hope of this fixing anything but I have just done it and found that my signal strength has increased from 43% to 72%! No idea why it would increase but it would be interesting to see if it solves the issue and if it remains at 72%.

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 22:55:51 #15 |
  6. tellboy

tellboy

I am not sure if is relevant in your case but I have found that the YouView box does not seem to be as user friendly as other Humax products with recordings that conflict with each other.
    A number of programs on series link on my box seem to have gone missing without warning.

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 15:35:54 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyjw

I too have been suffering failed recordings since buying my Humax DTR-T1010 in June 2013.
    After my last complaint to Humax about 1 month ago, I carried out a "Maintanence Mode software update and Reset" - which cured the problem until yesterday (30th November 2013), when it failed to record anything!
    Looking at the system information, there appears to have been a new software version loaded yesterday (Version 14.5.0, Component Software 1.7.6, Platform Configuration 612, ISP Configuration 61)and now nothing will record!
    What is going on?

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 16:33:32 #17 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Have you tried doing a soft reset? I have had a couple of firmware updates which needed an extra reset before they "bedded in".

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 17:28:58 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dominic

Mime updated automatically today too but my versions are later than yours. Version 15.11.0, Component Software 2.1.14, Platform Configuration 714, ISP Configuration 56. Mine is a DTRT1000 which might explain the difference.

Have you tried scanning all your channels again? This helped me when I had recording failures. It seems to be stable now.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 23:21:39 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dominic

By the way, I also found that doing a reset (holding in the front button for 8 seconds or so) increased my signal strength dramatically and stopped the failed recordings from happening.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 23:25:22 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.