My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

What are the chances this will work?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

acem8

Hi All,

I am a UK expat living in Australia. I have the Australian equivalent of the HDR Fox T2 (HDR 7500T) and I am currently setting up a 2nd TV room downstairs and need to be able to somehow watch recordings from my PVR.

I have read here that you can stream from the HDR to the HD so I was considering buying 1 of these when I am back next April. This will be about a third of the price of buying another PVR and ensures all my recordings are in one place. Do you think it will be able to see the recordings as unencrypted in SD and HD?

Can you stream a recording before it has finished? ie. I set Champions League game to record and when I wake up I want to watch it but downstairs so it doesn't wake everyone else up.

And is their still a problem with the 4GB file size?

My only other option is copy to a USB device and then FTP it to my PC connected to TV downstairs. But this will only work on SD and the recording has to be finished before I can do it.

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 6:48:08 #1 |
  2. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

1)It is possible to stream in SD and HD from the HDR-Fox-T2 to the HD-Fox-T2.
    2) It is possible to stream form the HDD buffer before the recording has finished.
    3)The 4GB streaming bug is fixed in version 1.02.28
    4) It is possible to do the FTP trick with Hi-Def content as well if you use FOXY first

| Mon 20 Aug 2012 20:09:53 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

2. You might be able to do this with the custom firmware but without it you have to wait until the recording has ended before you can watch it on the other box.

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 7:51:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

son_t - 1 hour ago  » 
    2. You might be able to do this with the custom firmware but without it you have to wait until the recording has ended before you can watch it on the other box.

Is there custom firmware for the Australian equivalent of the HDR?

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 9:11:51 #4 |
  5. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

son_t - 1 hour ago  » 

Is there custom firmware for the Australian equivalent of the HDR?

Dunno, thought we were talking about the HD and HDR FOX T2.
    I could be wrong as I didn't understand the oz bit in the OP. My point also refers to Ezra's reply....

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 10:42:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

son_t - 1 hour ago  » 
    I didn't understand the oz bit in the OP.

The OP says he has an HDR 7500T and I assume is based in Australia.

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 11:48:05 #6 |
  7. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Well yes, that's confusing part! Having now read the post (and not ezra's reply), this my reply:

Even IF the HD-FOX T2 the OP is planning to buy in the UK to take back to Oz works with the HDR 7500T, I was pointing out that our (non-customised) HDR-FOX T2 can only can only start streaming the CL programme once it has fully recorded.

I think we need to advise the OP to:
    1. Check that the HD-FOX T2 works in Oz
    2. Is compatible with his HDR 7500T for streaming
    3. Check that exported recordings (from the 7500T) can be played back on the HD-FOX T2.

I would suggest the OP purchase an Oz equivalent of the HD-FOX T2 in Oz even if the answer to (1) and (2) is yes. According to this page it says:

Easy connected Home (Home Network)
    Share Video, Music and Photos from
    your network devices like PC or Humax HD STB

So there must be one available in Oz -no? (Surely they are not suggesting going to the UK and getting a HD-FOX T2?!)

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 14:46:33 #7 |
  8. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Martin Liddle : Is there custom firmware for the Australian equivalent of the HDR?

I would say that if the following System information is different on the Australian equivalent, then the answer in no because it wouldn't load anyway :-

Software version : FHTCP X.XX.XX
    System ID : 80BC.7E00

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 21:17:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

acem8

Hi,

The HDR 7500T I have is the Australian equivalent of the HDR Fox-T2. The only differences I can tell are;

- The portal is enabled for TV catch up services here.
    - It is compatible with the brilliant Ice TV system which enables you to do all your scheduling from Apps or the web. I never set anything to record from the TV Guide, in fact I rarely go into the TV Guide because everything I watch is recorded (adverts drive me nuts here).

There is no customised firmware and I wouldn't fancy messing with it anyway because I would most likely lose the portal and Ice TV.

There is no equivalent of the HD Fox T2 here so it looks like I will have to take a gamble on it. My other option is spend another $100 and build a small HTPC for the bedroom and FTP recordings to it (or stream to XBMC). This would also give extra functionality (streaming music, iPlayer etc.) but I wouldn't be able to watch the HD recordings.

Which is the more user fiendly system? I read that you can't FF/RWD when streaming to the HD Fox T2 or XBMC.

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 0:32:23 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.