My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

What hardware DLNA client with HDR FOXT2

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

Please can anyone help me?

I have just bought a HDR FOXT2 which is in the kitchen. It is on a cabled LAN to the living room which has a Sony TV and a Sony BPS 370 blu ray which I already use as a DLNA client from a qnap with no problems. But it does not work from the Humax . I need a solution to this and would like to know if anyone out there has bought a media player box that works with the Humax???

| Tue 17 Apr 2012 21:02:20 #1 |
  2. af123

af123

The very best DLNA client for a HDR Fox T2 is another HDR Fox T2, or the smaller HD Fox T2. That isn't as daft as it may sound, a fair number of people use an HD in the bedroom to watch content recorded on their HDR. Certainly nothing else will stream Hi-Definition content with the standard firmware.

It's quite likely that something like the Raspberry Pi running XBMC will be a viable low-cost option too but nobody has their hands on one yet!

| Tue 17 Apr 2012 22:21:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

Will the HD Fox T2 really work OK as I was looking for something cheaper. Have you tried it ? is it reliablable over dlna via a cable (no wireless used) ?

Any info would help

Thanks

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 8:04:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

Does anyone know what the HDR FOX T2 outputs on dlna? what codec etc?

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 8:07:46 #4 |
  5. af123

af123

Yes, I have a HD (got a grade A model from humaxdirect for around £60) and it works perfectly with firmware 1.02.27 (there was a problem with previous versions) and will stream SD and HD content fine. You don't have the full range of transport control available in that FF/RW doesn't work but skip forward/back and navigation using the left and right cursors works fine.

The HDR probably just serves up the raw TS stream as recorded (protected with DTCP for HD content) as it doesn't have the horsepower to transcode, but I can't check at the moment.

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 10:25:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

Can I ask ? is it just the HDR FOXT2 and the HD FOX T2 that can receive dlna ?

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 10:40:54 #6 |
  7. af123

af123

No, at least XBMC (software) can receive standard definition streams from the HDR without problems.

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 11:19:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

Thanks for your help on this I will have to look into getting a HD FOX T2

Cheers

Paul

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 11:22:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

trajet

I got my HD on ebay for £35.00 + P&P. if it just for streaming from the HDR it's perfect.

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 19:03:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

brid

I will take a look on ebay but may push the boat out and get another hdr fox t2 ???

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 19:09:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.