My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

What to do on first set up of a BT DTR-T1000

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barry jones

I’ve recently purchased a new never used BT DTR-T1000 to replace a Humax 9300T which is kaput.
    My questions are:
    What should I do on first set up, and can I force a software update.
    I don’t want to spend time setting the box up only to have it all undone by a software update.
    I also understand you still can’t reorder the channel list? And still can’t rewind the buffer and record?
    The T1000 is a stopgap till I find a better box. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should replace it with?

Barry

| Mon 15 Jun 2015 13:59:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

What should I do on first set up, and can I force a software update.

The box will update itself during setup. As long as everything's connected (aerial, broadband, HDMI) it's pretty straightforward.

I don’t want to spend time setting the box up only to have it all undone by a software update.

The box will update itself whenever a new BT update is available for it (updates are phased, sometimes over several weeks). Shouldn't undo your settings, though never say never.

I also understand you still can’t reorder the channel list? And still can’t rewind the buffer and record?

Correct. You can "hide" channels but can't reorder.

The T1000 is a stopgap till I find a better box. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should replace it with?

The G4 YouView boxes (DTR-2***) are said to be a big improvement.

| Mon 15 Jun 2015 14:19:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

barry jones

Thanks

| Mon 15 Jun 2015 15:14:43 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.