My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What's to blame- my box, Freeview or Humax?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

So I was wondering if anyone has any idea what's to blame for what happened with my records last night. It's not a big deal as I can get everything on catch up (or repeats) but I'm just interested to know what caused the problem.

So last night BBC1 changed their schedule because of the news special because of the vote of confidence in Theresa May.
    I had Shop Well For Less set to record at 8pm (the programme started at 7:30pm) my recording started at 8:05pm.
    The Apprentice was meant to start at 9pm, my recording started at 8:55pm but the programme didn't start until 9:05pm and then the recording stopped at 10pm but the programme continued after that so I missed the end (I realised what was going on so quickly manually set it to record to get the end. I wasn't sure if it stopped recording early as I had other things recording at 10pm so maybe it ran out of the tuners?
    Then on channel 4 at 9pm, a similar thing happened, programme was due to start at 9pm, didn't start until 9:08ish but recording started at 9:05pm and then stopped recording before the end of the programme at 10pm.

My 5000t has usually been very good at picking up the start and ends of programmes so I'm sure this is a one off because of the scheduling changes but who is the blame, my box, freeview or Humax? It's not a big deal but I just wondered in this type of event what is at fault.

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 11:26:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The broadcaster is to blame. Clearly they didn't correct the crid codes. The Humax would have woke up to make the original scheduled recording 15 mins or so before the scheduled time looking for the broadcaster to transmit the programme start which of course never came.

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 13:44:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I think you'll find the problem is actually from the BBC end.
    They obviously didn't bother to update the Guide in time for your Box to pick the alterations up. Therefore as far as your Box is concerned,
    Everything was running to the original Schedule.

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 13:45:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Agreed that the broadcaster at fault in this instance.
    I’ve lost half of Shop Well for Less too and also lost the very end of The Apprentice.

However I did get BBC News at Ten bang on, despite it running delayed. Also Apprentice: you’re fired over on BBC2 was also recorded fine despite it running late. In fact it started recording quite a bit before 10, so they’d obviously tried to change things where they had chance.

In the case of The Apprentice, that was quite a late change to delay it after the news special.

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 19:38:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

AJ - 3 hours ago  » 
    However I did get BBC News at Ten bang on, despite it running delayed.

Interesting; my recording of BBC News at Ten started at 10pm and hence started with the last 5 minutes of the Apprentice. Was your recording HD or SD? Mine was SD.

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 22:46:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

AJ - 3 hours ago  » 
    However I did get BBC News at Ten bang on, despite it running delayed.

Interesting; my recording of BBC News at Ten started at 10pm and hence started with the last 5 minutes of the Apprentice. Was your recording HD or SD? Mine was SD.

HD. I’d set it in an attempt to ensure The Apprentice didn’t get cut off. Looks like SD would have got it for me!

| Thu 13 Dec 2018 23:56:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

AJ - 19 hours ago  » 
    I’ve lost half of Shop Well for Less too and also lost the very end of The Apprentice.
    Also Apprentice: you’re fired over on BBC2 was also recorded fine despite it running late. In fact it started recording quite a bit before 10, so they’d obviously tried to change things where they had chance.

Yes my Apprentice: you’re fired (on SD) recorded fine too, I think mine started a couple of minutes before 10pm if I remember correctly.

| Fri 14 Dec 2018 15:12:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    The broadcaster is to blame. Clearly they didn't correct the crid codes. The Humax would have woke up to make the original scheduled recording 15 mins or so before the scheduled time looking for the broadcaster to transmit the programme start which of course never came.

If the broadcaster had of changed the schedule, say a day before, should it have picked it up then? The only reason I ask is in the summer during the World Cup my 9300t didn't pick up on a change to Ackley Bridge even though it was decided to be changed about 5 days before. It was moved from a Wednesday to day before, Tuesday, if I remember correctly.

| Fri 14 Dec 2018 15:14:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Thank you all for the information. It's really reassuring to know it's not my box after only having it a few months

| Fri 14 Dec 2018 15:15:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

AJ - 1 day ago  » 

You didn't miss much. We usually watch shop well for less but this particular episode was more about the BBC ticking yet another diversity box. We gave up with it after a few minutes.

We never watch the apprentice as we can't stand the ill mannered Alan Sugar.

| Sat 15 Dec 2018 16:19:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.