My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

When I go on holiday series record stops working

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pboy

Hi sorry if this has been mentioned before. I have two Humax recorders and they have worked well for a number of years, the occasional freeze which means I have to reboot. However the my main concern is that when I go on holiday both devices will record series for the first two weeks but invariably fails to record if we are away more than 14 days. There is no problem when we are home and using the television and humax boxes on a daily basis. Is there a reason for this to happen? This is not a new problem it has happened every year since we bought the humax boxes one is a 500gb model and the other is a 1000gb model (a couple of years newer)

Thanks Phil

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 17:15:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum

Guessing you have padding set. Simply set the start time and end time to auto.

Alternatively set a daily wake up timer to refresh the epg.

On 0800 - Off 0815. Channel BBC1-HD, Volume 10

When you use padding the box wakes up at the scheduled time instead of 15 mins before. During this period the box has the opportunity to refresh the epg.

Without it the epg loses a day every 24hrs. So it's stops recording after 7 days.

Post if you don't know how to do this on both boxes.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 18:01:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pboy

grahamlthompson - 17 hours ago  » 
    Welcome to our forum
    Guessing you have padding set. Simply set the start time and end time to auto.
    Alternatively set a daily wake up timer to refresh the epg.
    On 0800 - Off 0815. Channel BBC1-HD, Volume 10
    When you use padding the box wakes up at the scheduled time instead of 15 mins before. During this period the box has the opportunity to refresh the epg.
    Without it the epg loses a day every 24hrs. So it's stops recording after 7 days.
    Post if you don't know how to do this on both boxes.

| Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:13:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pboy

Hi Graham sorry I just reposted your post! I have set a power on and power off to the time you recommended. The buffer was and remains on auto. Thanks for the information and when we come back from our next holiday hopefully the recordings will have worked.

Thanks again. Phil

| Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:19:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pboy

Hi Graham Just a couple of things to check in the setup menu the buffer is in the recording menu? The wake up is in the Time menu? I do not have a choice for volume in my setup.

| Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:25:23 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.