My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Where else can I buy the 2TB FVP 5000T?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

I did read a while back that the FVP 5000T was exclusive to Humax Direct.

Does anyone know if this is likely to change so I can purchase from the likes of John Lewis (they are only stocking the 500GB model at present) or PC World?

Never dealt with Humax Direct so I am not sure what the policy is when you want a refund or have a fault etc.

| Sun 12 Nov 2017 16:58:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Usual practice is for 2TB models to be exclusively available from Humax Direct for a long period.

Refund you would deal with them...fault contact usual Humax Support, and if they deem replacement is necessary then contact Humax direct.

We have some members who have purchased the 2TB model from Humax Direct so hopefully they will update this thread with their experience.

| Sun 12 Nov 2017 17:22:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I think you'll find that curry's/ pc world. now stock the 500gb and the 1 TB models. of the 4000t and now the newer 5000t models.
    However, the 2TB model I think you will find is exclusively from Humax Direct.
    I purchased our 2TB model from Humax Direct.
    I purchased it on the Monday at 11am, and it arrived at 2.45pm the following Day by courier.
    Personally I'm very happy with the FVP 5000t and the delivery service from Humax Direct, and would not hesitate to buy from them again in the future.
    In order to get the 2nd year's guarantee you have to register it with Humax online, But it's the same wherever you buy it from.
    and of course you still have the purchase online Legistration that you would for any item.
    I hope that I've been of some help

| Sun 12 Nov 2017 17:42:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

Thanks for the response guys.

I have been quietly waiting for a replacement to the FVP 4000 and this looks the ticket!

John1, it is good to know that delivery is quick so I will try and get round to ordering one in time for Christmas.

With these number of tuners, I am less likely to encounter recording conflicts as I peruse the Xmas edition of the Radio Times later this year

| Sun 12 Nov 2017 21:37:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Your very welcome.
    Don't forget that even with 3 tuners it is possible to record a fourth programme at the same time.
    Also, when you get one the user interface is a bit different from what you would expect from an older machine, so you may find a mind reset is needed.
    Once you manage that everything does fall into place.
    For example, when you play back a series its in the recorded programmes
    from the newest at the top going down to the oldest, So you work your way up the list. That also goes for a film that is split with the news in the middle of it as the film shows up as 2 items next to each other.
    Once you remember that your up and running.
    If you have a windows P.C. and you go into the update history, The list
    layout works in the same general way.
    Good Luck,

| Mon 13 Nov 2017 9:55:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icebun

john1 - 2 days ago  » 
    Your very welcome.
    Don't forget that even with 3 tuners it is possible to record a fourth programme at the same time.
    Also, when you get one the user interface is a bit different from what you would expect from an older machine, so you may find a mind reset is needed.
    Once you manage that everything does fall into place.
    For example, when you play back a series its in the recorded programmes
    from the newest at the top going down to the oldest, So you work your way up the list. That also goes for a film that is split with the news in the middle of it as the film shows up as 2 items next to each other.
    Once you remember that your up and running.
    If you have a windows P.C. and you go into the update history, The list
    layout works in the same general way.
    Good Luck,

Thanks again John1.

This unit will be my xmas treat so fingers crossed I don't encounter any issues not already answered by this very information forum.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 20:36:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Good Luck, We are over the moon with ours,
    and yes especially people like Barry & Graham really know their stuff ,
    Where as I can only help by drawing on my experience with ours.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 20:42:25 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.