My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Where is the Screen Saver switch?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karcher

I've just purchased a Foxsat HDR 500GB. When in Radio mode I pressed the green button to activate the screen saver - 'Humax' logo wandering round the screen. Unfortunately, I either misread or have forgotten how to disable the screen saver so that I can see the program info. transmitted by the station, again rather than the Freesat [I]nformation button. There's nothing in the manual about it but I distinctly remember seeing an on-screen instruction how to remove it!

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 14:21:43 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Press green to activate or deactivate.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 14:52:17 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

It would useful to be able to turn off the screenaaver permanently when, for example, listening to TMS with the current score on screen (although being tuned to the Red Button stream would preferable in this instance).

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 16:36:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karcher

Barry » Press green to activate or deactivate.

Thanks!
    I've tried the green button. That was my recollection of the on screen instruction.
    I just get the 0 symbol in the top right corner of the screen, which i presume means an illegal operation?

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 1:54:17 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Umm I am at a loss with this one:

User activated screen saver (to deactivate screensaver, press green) definitely dismissed with green for me. If left the Humax logo appears and that can be dismissed with just about any key press, and then green.

Unit activated screensaver (Humax logo) dismissed with any key

Does the PVR button flash when you try green?

Anyone else with a Foxsat like to try?

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 10:24:27 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Works for me Barry exactly as you describe. Is the OP by any chance trying to invoke the screen saver whilst in TV mode with a live paused transmission ?

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 10:33:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karcher

Thanks for getting back to me, both of you.

The remote is in PVR mode and the screen saver is on when using the bottom remote section button TV/Radio[25] (I haven't noticed it when in TV mode - I'll double check tonight).
    When I first used it, prior to activating screen saver, I had the BBC radio info. screen visible with program details/now playing info. Having pressed the green button the 'Humax' screen saver is now displayed over a black background but the green button doesn't deactivate the saver.
    I tried a complete hard reboot and re-setup but nothing's changed.
    "...curiouser and curiouser!"

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 11:37:18 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Just tried this on various BBC radio channels and having no problems using Green to start and stop the Humax screensaver.

But here is the interesting thing: The Humax screensaver no longer seems to always activate automatically on radio stations which have an onscreen display. Now is this only if the display updates within the timeout time for the screen saver? Is it to do with the way the screen updates? Radio 2 times out but Radio 4 does not. Anyone else got experience or suggestions re this?

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 12:09:55 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Strange - tried all the BBC radio stations and same as my post #5

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 18:02:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karcher

Thanks for your support. I came to realise that the green button was working . The confusion was that the channel OSD was not being displayed when the screensaver was suppressed. I wonder if Graham actually had his finger on the issue:

grahamlthompson » 
    ... Is the OP by any chance trying to invoke the screen saver whilst in TV mode with a live paused transmission ?

I scheduled some radio programme recordings this morning and... Hallelujah! The Channel OSD was once again shown.

I also agree with Gomezz. The screensaver should be permanently suppressed by the green button. That was my expectation; it's what happens with my Freeview+ PVR.

Thanks everyone for your time. If I can repeat the issue and determine the failure mode I'll post back.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 9:52:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.