My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Which DTR Humax unit?

(47 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Hi.

I am trying to decide which Humax unit to get. I want the best catch up services possible so have been advised to get Youview. I want to be able to record HD and also watch something and record at the same time.

What i want to know is what the difference between these units is:
    DTR-T1000/1010/2100/2110

and which one should i go for?!

Humax say they can only offer technical support on the DTR-T1000/1010 - which would be handy in addition to this lovely forum.

Any advice welcome.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 21:13:21 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

As one of your pre requisites is 'best on demand' then your choices are youview or freesat freetime.

If satellite is out of the question then I would suggest the DTR T2100/2110 Whilst I do not have one myself, reading elsewhere it would appear to be a lot faster in response to users inputs.

Why Humax have told you they cannot offer support on the product is beyond me at the moment, especially as it is available through retail outlets. I will check next week on this.

| Sat 5 Jul 2014 8:04:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Cool thanks Barry. I don't have satellite so would need to be Youview. I just got told the DTR2110 isn't out yet so if that's correct i will wait until it gets released. Be grateful if you can still check out the issue with Humax support though. Thanks!

| Sat 5 Jul 2014 15:43:43 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

TBH I would not choose a PVR based on what catch up services it has or does not have. There are so many other ways these days of getting all the catch up services you want on your main TV eg Googles Chromecast etc. I use a small Android tablet which I can connect to my main TV by HDMI to get total access unlimited by what a particular PVR maker decides to include.

| Sat 5 Jul 2014 16:12:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I just got told the DTR2110 isn't out yet so if that's correct i will wait until it gets released.

Amazon (https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Youview-500Gb-Recorder-Freeview/dp/B00ISS61KE)&tag=blusas008-21 and Argos (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1834426.htm#pdpFullProductInformation) both state the model number of the units as DTR-T2110. Doesn't necessarily mean they're right of course.

| Sat 5 Jul 2014 16:20:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

I agree with gomezz. In the early days the Youview was a one stop solution for all the catch-up players, but now there are other options. Although I still have the DTRT1000 I tend to you a Roku LT for any catchup services (ITV Player just been added).

The Roku is simple and responsive.

| Mon 7 Jul 2014 8:15:46 #6 |
  7. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I agree, I am finding myself using my Roku 3 more and more for the catchup services.

| Mon 7 Jul 2014 15:34:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

OK thanks chaps. Point taken. Never heard of a Roku but i have just put it into google.

Does the Roku just do catch up? I have another issue which is that i currently have to leave my TV switched on to record (i have a Panasonic TXL42B6B telly and an old Panasonic DMR-EH50 recorder).

So i am also looking for a solution where I can turn the telly off, and also watch something and record something else at the same time. That's why i thought a Humax box was the best bet as it appeared to do this and do catch-up.

Any suggestions??

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 21:05:34 #8 |
  9. Wallace

Wallace

special member

IFAIK, the Roku does not record. I use mine to stream music, photo's etc from my PC. It's also great for YouTube.

I chose the Roku 3 because it has an Ethernet connection as well as wifi, plus a faster processor. For the price, I think it is a great piece of kit. I also have an AppleTV 3 (I am a bit of an Apple geek), however, the Roku is so good, I have disconnected the AppleTV and put it back in it's box!

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 22:00:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

The Roku does not record, just streams via the internet. There are loads of channel apps to install (iplayer and the like) plus Netflixs and Plex. Plus you can stream content stored from a PC/laptop. The LT model is the cheapest (Amazon had it for £30) and fits the bill for me, although I would prefer a wired connection (might have to save up for the Roku 3).

I chose the DTR-T1000 in the early days as it was a 1 stop shop for all our needs. If I were buying now I'd probably go for a FOX T2 https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDR-FOX-T2-Freeview-Digital-Recorder/dp/B004BMB2XC&tag=blusas008-21 (seems reliable and networkable) coupled with the Roku 3

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 7:58:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.