My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Which DTR Humax unit?

(47 posts)
  1. Wallace

Wallace

special member

The box is clever enough to know it's recording something. The display will show the clock, but if you look closely, you will see a REC 'icon'. You will also be able to hear the HDD making a slight noise.

EDIT: I have re-read you question. The unit must have power to it to operate. If by power off you mean unplug or turn the switch off at the back than obviously it won't do anything! If, however, you mean place the unit in standby by touching the big button in the middle, then the unit will wake to record a timer set recording no problem. As stated above, if a recording is in progress when you touch the centre button, the unit will go to standby but continue to record.

The HDR will display the clock when in standby.

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 17:46:11 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Hi Wallace

Thanks for that. I meant putting it on standby but thought i best check otherwise i might miss Big Brother ha ha

| Wed 23 Jul 2014 18:06:00 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Hi guys

I have a question about my lovely Fox t2 which i can't work out from the instructions.

Can I watch something i have recorded whilst I am recording something else or will it effect the thing i am recording?

| Mon 28 Jul 2014 21:16:00 #43 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Yes you can. You can even watch the recording of the programme you are currently recording - this is called chase-play and is handy if you want to start watching from the beginning after the programme has started or so you can skip the ad breaks (leaving roughly 15 minutes per hour to catch up right at the end).

The only limitation is if you are recording *two* programmes at the same time then you may not be able to watch some of the other channels live.

| Mon 28 Jul 2014 21:23:04 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

OMG this thing is AMAZING

Thanks Gomezz!

| Mon 28 Jul 2014 21:44:13 #45 |
  6. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Yes they are. That's why I have three!

I have been known to be recording two programmes and watch something that has been recorded at the same time.

| Mon 28 Jul 2014 21:46:15 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

#Genius

| Mon 28 Jul 2014 21:51:53 #47 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.