My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Which replacement remote

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

The remote (LR03 version) that came with my 4000T is not working very well anymore - bad contacts on the buttons. Advice on options please, based on experience out there, would be appreciated:

a) open up and clean contacts ?
    b) buy newer LR08 version off Humax site
    c) buy LR08 version elsewhere (Amazon / Ebay - supposedly genuine but cheaper)
    d) choose an alternative remote ?

Thanks
    Kevin

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 15:13:05 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

First thing to try is a) because it's free

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 17:26:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoverT

I bought a 4000T in March 2017 and it came with the later LR08 remote. The unit has always been very slow to respond and I discovered recently that some of the remotes supplied at that time were faulty. Although it was by then out of its warranty period, I contacted Humax to request a replacement but they never replied. Therefore I recently bought an alternative remote from Amazon, a RMC3056, for about half the price of a Humax replacement. This has been recommended by other users of this forum. It works well and the 4000T is now like a different product. I am not impressed with Humax support, though.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 18:39:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

RoverT - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a 4000T in March 2017 and it came with the later LR08 remote. The unit has always been very slow to respond and I discovered recently that some of the remotes supplied at that time were faulty. Although it was by then out of its warranty period, I contacted Humax to request a replacement but they never replied.

The Humax manufacturer's warranty on new units is two years providing you keep the receipt and register the purchase with Humax. Or was it a refurbished unit?
    Even if you did not register it, providing you have kept the receipt and persuade the 'Support' number that you have a fault so that they pass on your details they have been known to replace some faulty units where the owner forgot to register.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 19:02:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoverT

Luke - 4 hours ago  » 

RoverT - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a 4000T in March 2017 and it came with the later LR08 remote. The unit has always been very slow to respond and I discovered recently that some of the remotes supplied at that time were faulty. Although it was by then out of its warranty period, I contacted Humax to request a replacement but they never replied.

The Humax manufacturer's warranty on new units is two years providing you keep the receipt and register the purchase with Humax. Or was it a refurbished unit?
    Even if you did not register it, providing you have kept the receipt and persuade the 'Support' number that you have a fault so that they pass on your details they have been known to replace some faulty units where the owner forgot to register.

Thanks for your reply. It was a refurbished unit so only 1 year's guarantee. I did keep the receipt and emailed it to "Support" with my request for a replacement but they never replied - so I bought the cheaper alternative remote which works well. I just thought the unit was very slow as a result of poor design until I came across the discussion about remotes on this forum which I only look at occasionally.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 23:10:15 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.