My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Why does BBC seem to cancel all other recordings

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jadesdaddy

Hi i have a Humax Foxsat-HDR.

Trying to record more than one program seems to be a nightmare if it involves anything at all to do with BBC. For example in an evening I may want to record something on ITV, Channel4 and BBC1. No matter what the BBC program will be the only one recorded, any series links etc will be lost. This happens no matter what order I am recording in, if I am recording BBC first I get only the BBC recording, if I'm recording BBC second I get only the BBC recording and so on. I hope someone can help because at the moment this piece of **** is heading for the nearest bin!

Thanks
    Kenny

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 17:51:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly you are setting recordings from the epg using the OK button (not the record button) ?

Post what software version you have Menu/System/Diagnostics.

Your box may think it's only got one feed.

Try this

With no other recordings under way

Tune to 108 and press the record button, now tune to 109 and press the record button again. Tap in 126 to tune to channel 4 HD. After about a minute press the live pause button. Post if you can pause Channel 4 HD or not.

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 18:23:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jadesdaddy

Hi Graham

First thank you for your very quick response.

Your right I am/was using the OK button for recordings

And at the moment I am only using one feed, which is why I make sure that recordings on different channels don't overlap (I know I need 2 feeds to record 2 programs simultaneously)

Software version is:HPRFCI 1.0021

I did as you asked and 108 began recording right away as expected 109 of course did not record. Upon tuning to 126 I got the message bad or no signal, but was able to tune to 4HD as soon as I stopped recording, but I have paused live TV before whilst watching

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 19:02:49 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sorry hit wrong button - please delete.

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 19:34:07 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Have you connected LNB1 OUT to LNB2 in? - The HDR will assume you have.
    A second feed or a SCD LNB (AKA UNICABLE, SCR)(More expensive) with some setup changes will sort these problems.

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 19:36:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jadesdaddy

Hi REPASSAC thanks for responding.

No I haven't connected LNB1 OUT to LNB2 in...should I have? If so how?

A second feed is possible though as I have a twin LNB and a second feed running into the same room, bit of a pain as all the cables are under the floorboards, but if needs must!

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 20:32:32 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

jadesdaddy - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Hi REPASSAC thanks for responding.
    No I haven't connected LNB1 OUT to LNB2 in...should I have? If so how?
    A second feed is possible though as I have a twin LNB and a second feed running into the same room, bit of a pain as all the cables are under the floorboards, but if needs must!

If you do supply a second cable the Foxsat will not know it is present unless you factory reset (loss of recording schedule - no great pain for you I think, look for the on screen message which confirms two feeds).

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 20:48:23 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can record two channels at once and watch a 3rd channel as well with some restrictions. To do so you need a short coax cable with a f connector on each end to connect tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in. See P16 of the user manual - Single cable using loopthrough. The box knows the restrictions of single cable working so won't let you set impossible combinations. It will always assume the loop cable is present (ie 2 tuners connected) which is the cause of your problem.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Of course if you can supply the 2nd cable as Repassac says you should do so.

In fact for most recording combinations a little less than 50% of the available channels can be recorded by tuner 2 using only a single cable

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 20:59:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jadesdaddy

Guys thank you both very much. I'll get on with it tomorrow and obviously start with the loop cable. I'm planning on moving my TV to the other side of the room before winter anyway and as that is where the feeds enter the house everything will be in place for the dual cable set up anyway. Happy days!

Thanks again for all your help. I think you saved a perfectly good box from a violent end

Kenny

| Thu 15 Aug 2013 21:08:21 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.