My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Why have they never released a FW update?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Has humax ever given anyone a reason why they have only released policy updates for the 4000T & 5000T and never a firmware that actually fixes anything?

Given how old these boxes are now im guessing thats never going to happen now.

You read this forum and it seems like there would be a big list for them to look at.

Jay

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 20:06:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Has humax ever given anyone a reason why they have only released policy updates for the 4000T & 5000T and never a firmware that actually fixes anything?
    Given how old these boxes are now im guessing thats never going to happen now.
    You read this forum and it seems like there would be a big list for them to look at.
    Jay

That's not true. Humax released a software update for the 4000T that lined up the user interface for the 4000T with the newer 5000T which had a update shortly after launch. As a result both are identical, whether you consider this is good or bad is a different question.

From memory one improved the search capability to include on demand IP delivered content, with actual recordings and other improvements. That info should be pretty easy to find.

TBH if they fixed the stupid order series recordings are displayed I would be happy.

I can't say I find any major issues with my 5000T other than the slow response to the remote, which I guess would need major hardware changes and a corresponding large increase in the cost. 3.00.94 dates from April 2018 which is just over 12 months ago. That required boxes to be connected to the internet purely because the DTG ceased the OTA update service. If your box is not connected you will not get any more updates other than by downloading and applying using USB.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/ota-over-the-air-updates-to-end

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 21:41:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I would happily pay double to have the next model FVP6000T? have all the features of the 5000T with the speedy slick responses and shortcuts of the HDR.

Personally I think the 4000/5000 is pretty poor, even my elderly parents get frustrated with the slow/clunky interface.

Please Humax release a new model with a decent processor/memory and interface.

| Mon 22 Jul 2019 8:08:10 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.