My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

why I'm returning my 2000T - what should I get?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Well it's early days yet, but it looks like you and Graham might indeed have been right. The Samsung wanted to update it's software, and having done that it appears that what seemed to be a handshake problem between the Bravia and the Humax has now gone. With everything connected directly to the TV I can switch on the Humax, then switch on the TV, which automatically switches on and controls the Samsung. I'll give it a day or so and then come back and thank you properly!

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:17:38 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pabc

some fixes/workarounds;

overlapping programs

no fix but better understanding of issue - alert box popped at 20:00 up saying eastenders is finishing at 20:02 despite the guide saying 20:00 causing the incorrect 'overlap' detection. Setting series record on a different episode allowed it to be set up initially. Still get a warning occasionally that there is an overlap but ignoring it and I just miss the first minute of the other program. it seems to record the 'overlapped' show as soon as the earlier one finishes. Options for padding should be AR, 0,1,2 minutes. where the zero means just that.

Regular loss of sound over HDMI requiring reboots.

switching Bravia TV off and on restores sound 95% of the time. else humax off, TV off, humax on, tv on works all the time

Regular loss of network connectivity over LAN

going into menu to the configure LAN and hitting apply brings up the network. - this really is poor coding.

No RF pass through in standby mode.

OTA update should fix eventually.

DLNA server implementation very poor.

no fixes found. it's just a crap implementation

having spent a lot of time researching I'm sticking with the box. nothing out there is better. my 8000 and 9200 had teething issues to start with and they eventually got sorted. Still - updates seem to be slow coming for these issues.

| Sat 14 Jun 2014 16:48:14 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 1 week ago  » 

Barry - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Internet problem - try just accessing the internet settings menu, and exit.

Barry, do you know if anything will be done about this issue in a future software release?

I have not ignored this question, rather I've been trying to get more info, but none forthcoming so far, they (Humax) are aware though.

It only appears to be media/blue that does not recognise a network connection is present.

Work around I use as previously mentioned is access internet settings menu and exit, or just press portal button, wait for it to load and exit.

| Tue 17 Jun 2014 9:57:02 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.