My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wi-Fi Dongle for HDR-1800T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jimi

Donor £

Hi Folks
    I took advice from some members here and bought a Humax WiFi-LAN compatible dongle "WHYFi USB Wireless Network Adaptor WHY0002" to connect my HDR-1800T receiver (purchased November 2021) to the internet.
    Once inserted there are two options: Configure WiFi and Configure LAN. You are instructed to select "Configure WiFi", but this is not highlighted and will not engage when attempts are made to select it.
    I configured LAN but this will not provide WiFi access. Any ideas please on fixing this problem before I return the dongle to Amazon?
    Thanks!

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 14:59:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jimi - 2 hours ago  » 
    I took advice from some members here and bought a Humax WiFi-LAN compatible dongle "WHYFi USB Wireless Network Adaptor WHY0002" to connect my HDR-1800T receiver (purchased November 2021) to the internet.
    Once inserted there are two options: Configure WiFi and Configure LAN. You are instructed to select "Configure WiFi", but this is not highlighted and will not engage when attempts are made to select it.

Can I check, did you have a network cable plugged into the Humax whilst you were trying to configure the dongle? If so unplug the cable and try again.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 17:15:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jimi

Donor £

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your amazingly quick response to my query.

You hit the nail on the head and as they say, "I'm in".

I'll drop a donation into the box to show my appreciation.

Thanks again!

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:35:58 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.