My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Wi Fi password problems

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tractorboy

Hi guys.
    I've just bought an FVP5000, and I'm having problems getting it to recognise my wi fi router password ? the password is a three word password with a hyphem between the first and second worg, but I can;t seem to find any provision for that on the Humax keyboard, so consequently it won't recognise it !
    Is there any way around this, as I'm reluctant to change the router password and risk losing my internet, as I'm not a computer expert . . . Can anyone help, please ?

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 12:53:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tractorboy - 14 mins ago  » 
    I've just bought an FVP5000, and I'm having problems getting it to recognise my wi fi router password ? the password is a three word password with a hyphem between the first and second worg, but I can;t seem to find any provision for that on the Humax keyboard, so consequently it won't recognise it !

The on-screen keyboard has "abc" in the top left and to the right of that is "ENG - @". To input the "-" first click on "ENG - @" which will bring up a different set of symbols which includes an "-". Having input the "-" click on "abc" to go back to the default keyboard.

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 13:12:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tractorboy

Many thanks for that, Martin The key to change symbols wasn't immediately obvious to me ( Doh ! ) but i followed your advice and everything is working now, so many thanks for your help. Yjr only odd thing is ITV Hub is apparently not available on this device ?

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 16:39:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tractorboy - 1 min ago  » 
    Many thanks for that, Martin The key to change symbols wasn't immediately obvious to me ( Doh ! ) but i followed your advice and everything is working now, so many thanks for your help. Yjr only odd thing is ITV Hub is apparently not available on this device ?

It was available until the end of September this year but for some reason it was dropped by ITV from the list of supported devices; perhaps something to do with ITV Hub morphing into ITVX.

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 16:42:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.