My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Will *not* record!

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

compwitch

For the past few days (yes, over the Christmas period) I cannot set for any recordings, either via the normal programme guide, or via manual scheduling. I go through the normal procedure i.e. select programme, select single or series link record, and selecting SD recording; I rarely use HD as it takes up too much space. The procedure just cycles back to the programme details without scheduling any recording. If I try to schedule manually, I go through the entire procedure and the deck just goes into a tizzy cycle, saying it is trying to schedule the recording with the little spinning icon at the top, but never actually achieving anything. It will do this indefinitely - current record 20 minutes, at which point I gave up and hit the "Back" key. I can't record anything currently playing either, the "Record" button has no effect whatsoever, whether live or via EPG. My family are already complaining about having misssed favourite programmes, so any help would be appreciated.

| Fri 25 Dec 2020 20:32:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

Try switching off at the mains for a couple of minutes (not just off into standby) this often helps to remove "oddities" in computer type systems

| Fri 25 Dec 2020 22:46:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

compwitch

meadfoot - 13 hours ago  » 
    Try switching off at the mains for a couple of minutes (not just off into standby) this often helps to remove "oddities" in computer type systems

Thank you! I'm no longer persona non grata

| Sat 26 Dec 2020 12:27:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Treaders

Perfect. Fixed mine as well! Same issue.

| Sat 26 Dec 2020 23:49:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

John1000

Check the unit isn't getting too hot. I had repeated similar issues but moving it to a cooler location has for now sorted the problem

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 10:33:09 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.