My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Wireless fails

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

Hi
    I have the 1TB 1000s and it seems to be working well. However, it seems to lose its wifi connection every few days (I have a USB Edimax adapter) and you cannot get it to reconnect without a power off. You get an error 'Sorry something seems to go wrong' on the screen.

Its very frustrating.

Anyone else suffering the same issues?
    Thanks

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 23:06:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

Anyone? Every time I put the device into standby the wireless is lost. Now its completely hit and miss whether a reboot works. Really frustrating.

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 18:15:51 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I only have access to the Humax dongle, and when I tested it previously it saved the settings, and connected automatically.

Will connect it up again for a few days and monitor.

| Sat 10 Nov 2012 11:41:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gr4z - 17 hours ago  » 
    Anyone? Every time I put the device into standby the wireless is lost. Now its completely hit and miss whether a reboot works.

Is your WiFi SSID hidden?

| Sat 10 Nov 2012 12:10:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

No not hidden. Works for every other device in the house! Really odd. Anyone shed any lights? I don't want to use LAN connection. Thanks

| Sat 10 Nov 2012 19:17:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

I can only conclude the Edimax dongle does not work with the 1TB box. I simply cannot get it work. As soon as you put the box into standby I lose my wifi connection. The box then does not see my home wifi without a number of reboots. Totally hit and miss if it works. Very unreliable.

I bought one of these Edimax EW-7711UAN:

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001KOTDDU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00\/?tag=blusas008-21

Would anyone think its compatibility issues with my BT home router?

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 13:16:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Hi, I'm also using the Edimax EW-7711UAN, works well for me, but I did have one problem because my SSID was hidden, so the box wouldn't reconnect to my wifi network when I power cycled the Humax box. Once I set the router to broadcast the SSID it works fine (although it really SHOULD work with a hidden SSID).

If you are broadcasting your SSID, what type of encryption are you using on your network? From what I gather, sometimes this can cause connections to drop if there's a compatibility issue between device and router. I'm using an Apple Time Capsule as my router, & while most things work well with it I did have one device hat wouldn't hold a connection to it... Is there a firmware update available for your router?

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 15:10:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gr4z

Its the standard BT one. Any idea if you can force an update of the firmware?

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 15:21:02 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

10. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Actually, ignore that 2nd link, should have read it more thoroughly before posting!

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 18:05:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.