My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

wireless lan connection for HDR Fox T2

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

philwizzer

Hi I have purchased a WhyFi USB Wireless Network Adapter WHY0002 for my humax but can't seem to get a connection.

The software is up to date. I go through the connection process in settings but the box/WLAN doesn't recognise or show my wireless SSID even though the signal is strong. I enter the name manually together with password and security type etc but it won't connect.

Any suggestions please as I'n not sure what to do. The WLAN works (it flashes) and functions when plugged into my laptop.

Thanks

| Sat 2 Sep 2017 23:43:39 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you know what chipset the adapter uses?
    I believe that the T2 firmware only supports the Ralink 3070 chipset.

This post explains more:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/edimax-7711uan-connection#post-29235

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 9:10:07 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try connecting it using a usb extension cable, you may find a location with a better WiFi signal.

It does appear to be compatible with a HDR-FOX-T2

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-WhyFi-Wireless-Network-WHY0002/dp/B00WSIA5U2&tag=blusas008-21

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 9:23:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The WHY0002 is a Ralink 3070 but I seem to remember someone discovering that their WHY0002 wasn't recognising the lowest normal UK 2.4ghz bands when connected to the Humax.

Which 2.4ghz band is your network when it failed to find your network?

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 9:26:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliverb

On a related note I have two HDR-Fox T2 units, one with a generic RT3070 Wifi that is working well and the other is connected via ethernet to a WiFi bridge.

The bridge works quite well but it is a nuisance needing its own power socket so I've obtained a second RT3070 and tried installing it, in my case the SSID is detected, it connects to the network, but afterwards it appears to refuse to communicate via WiFi.

It seems as if because it was used with an Ethernet connection the box is now stuck on Ethernet, even though the setup menu reports a Wifi connection.

I'm guessing I might have to carry out a full reset but that's a pain as it means re-entering all the scheduled recordings.

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 10:30:11 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

If the wifi menu is available (not greyed out) then the unit has detected the wifi adapter. Can it detect your wireless network, i.e. can you pick it out from a list of networks? Is the wifi setup DHCP or manual? If manual, you will have to configure the parameters listed before it will connect. The easiest way is to use DHCP first.
    A factory reset (without disk format) can sometimes fix wireless problems but I would do some more troubleshooting first.

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 20:13:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

philwizzer

MontysEvilTwin - 2 hours ago  » 
    If the wifi menu is available (not greyed out) then the unit has detected the wifi adapter. Can it detect your wireless network, i.e. can you pick it out from a list of networks? Is the wifi setup DHCP or manual? If manual, you will have to configure the parameters listed before it will connect. The easiest way is to use DHCP first.
    A factory reset (without disk format) can sometimes fix wireless problems but I would do some more troubleshooting first.

Thanks I have done a factory reset and can now see one wifi network although not my own despite strong signal.

I will look at the DHCP issue.

Thanks again everyone!

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 23:07:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

philwizzer - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks I have done a factory reset and can now see one wifi network although not my own despite strong signal.

What channel is your network using?

| Sun 3 Sep 2017 23:30:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

philwizzer

Martin Liddle - 22 hours ago  » 

philwizzer - 21 minutes ago  » 

What channel is your network using?

It's a BT Home Hub 5 and the channel says Automatic(Smart Wireless) as opposed to the 13 others.

Thanks

| Mon 4 Sep 2017 22:11:37 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.