My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Wireless N nano connection

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Annex

I am trying to connect our bedroom TV to the internet. I have a TP-Link wireless N Nano router.
    I have plugged in the power cable and attached the other cable to the rear of the YouView box.
    I have tried to connect automatically but it doesn’t find the main router downstairs. I’ve also tried to connect manually and put the gateway numbers in.
    No success!
    Can anyone help, please?

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 13:55:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It has been a long time since I did that.

The Nano routers have 5 different modes that you can choose between. On mine only one of two of those could achieve what you are after.
    Looking at the TP-link site the one you need is the "Client" mode, but I think on mine that Bridge mode also supplied an Ethernet connection.
    https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/442/

Which mode did you setup your Nano to use before you connected it to your youview box?

Also it would help if you could specify the exact model and also when you setup the mode which language the menus used as some made for the domestic Chinese market don't have as much functionality as those intended for export but use the same model numbers.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 15:45:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Annex

Thanks for your reply.

We have the TP-Link TL-WR802N - 300Mbps Wireless Nano Router.

We took it downstairs, reset it and connected it to our main router with an Ethernet cable. We managed to connect to it on our mobile phones.

Taking it back upstairs, we connected it to the YouView box and the LED stopped flashing, which we assumed meant it had connected.

However, when I went into the settings and entered the IP details, it still said it couldn’t connect to the internet.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 16:06:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Which mode have you configured your Nano to use?

It needs to be "Client" mode.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 16:27:18 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.