My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Won't turn onb

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pamh

I am hoping someone can help me! I received my Humax 13th October 2016 and have been in daily contact since then with Humax. It just won't turn on unless I keep switching off and on the plugs and/or the reuter. They told me to go perform a Factory default and gave me instructions which I followed. Unfortunately after going into Please choose your Internet Connection and selecting Next I ended clicking on my reuter number and it said it had failed. When I got back to the chap helping me he said I should have pressed the OK button which would bring up the onscreen keyboard and I should put in the reuter password. Of course I can't find out how to do this and he is obviously so fed up with me emailing him he now says they are too busy to ring me! I have asked him to explain how to get the keyboard on the screen but have had no reply. I am at my wits end! Am so fed up with it. Can anyone tell me how to do this please - and in easy language as I am not very literate in this area. Thanks in advance.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 17:16:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Mine wasn't that difficult to set up, although the box can be incredibly slow. Mine can take 3+ minutes after plugging in before something happens apart from the meaningless blue/red LED stages whilst the screen remains blank. I'm sure some users have already switched on and off their boxes a few times before it's even ready!

I can't remember exactly the setup procedure and I don't want to reset my box just to see; however I would suggest that you set it up initially without any internet/network if possible, i.e. skip through the network settings if possible. Once it's tuned in and up and running you can go into the menu/Home (HOME blue button) setting later, scroll up (arrow up) to the top right hand corner of the screen where the round settings icon is, press OK and set up the network WLAN settings at your leisure (using the up, down, left,right Arrow keys around the OK button to navigate). You only need the network/internet working for catch-up and on-demand TV mainly. Pay particular attention to the router password, most routers require a combination of numbers and uppercase/capital letters, i.e. no lowercase letters normally, although yours may be different.
    Let us know how you get on.

I think Humax missed a trick here with the fvp4000t, after plugging in the red LED should ideally slowly flash whilst booting up, disk checking, network checking, etc, etc, all those things it does with a blank screen for minutes on end. The LED should then change to a steady red if booted up ready and in standby or blue if ready and on. I'm convinced there are a few users pressing buttons, repeatedly plugging/unplugging the box desperate to get the box to do something apart from occasionally changing the red LED to blue or was that blue to red? whilst displaying a blank screen.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 19:07:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.