My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Worst product I have ever owned

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GHW

Not a good start to a forum I know but the service levels here in Australia are a joke so need to vent.

I have the 4Tune and as the topic says it's easily the worst piece of rubbish I've ever owned.

It freezes constantly, almost daily. Human tech support might as well be a recording "factory reset" 'factory reset" factory.." you get the picture.

Emails to Humax Australia have gone unanswered, even though they've been pragmatic.

Terrible experience and one that has cost me dearly as this things heading for the tip.

| Sat 29 Aug 2015 22:32:00 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Admin: Please move to "Other Humax Products"

We always try and help, even with products we do not know.

I see this is a new 4 tuner terrestrial model, you posted in a satellite forum.

I found the following article a balanced review and it has some suggestions. Article

I would note the channels that the lockups occur on, see if all is OK on others. Try also the disabling of freeview play. Check to see you have the latest firmware.

Also check your signal levels to make sure they are good.

I wonder if here in the UK, Humax have thought of a freesat compatible but uncertified unit so they can deliver a home entertainment center rather than to quote the article

"Firstly, note that this is not a FreeviewPlus-certified machine. It’s actually better than that. While we like the FreeviewPlus guide very much, the Freeview consortium (a grouping of nearly all the free-to-air broadcasters) has confirmed to us that it still insists that any equipment carrying actual FreeviewPlus certification must be technically hobbled to remove any ad-skipping abilities and for any recordings to be encrypted to prevent export and replay on other devices. So the best FreeviewPlus device may be, perversely, one that is compatible with FreeviewPlus, but not certified for FreeviewPlus. And that’s exactly where the 4tune sits"

| Sun 30 Aug 2015 7:14:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I wonder if here in the UK, Humax have thought of a freesat compatible but uncertified unit so they can deliver a home entertainment centre ...

"...that is compatible with FreeviewPlus, but not certified for FreeviewPlus. "

Hear hear. Especially one with four tuners. It would be a breath of fresh air to see a new box designed with the user in mind rather than totally constrained by the terrified tunnel-vision content owners and the squabbling egomaniacal delivery monopolies.

| Sun 30 Aug 2015 9:10:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.