My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Writing the .ts files from a 9300t to the 4000t

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trillian796

I believe it is possible to access the files from the 9300t and get them on to a windows machine.

Once I have done that is it possible to write them back to the
    4000t using the USB drive ? or can they only be viewed from the USB ?

Any words of wisdom or links to point me too will be much appreciated

many thanks

| Sun 30 Oct 2016 14:50:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trillian796

special member

I don't own an FVP-4000T so can't be sure but my understanding is that you can only copy files to the Download folder on the FVP-4000T. If that folder is available from Samba then perhaps you could map it and then make it the current directory on the PC then run humaxrw and that should then copy files from the 9300T disk and place them in the Download folder. Maybe an FVP-4000T can confirm whether or not this is possible.

Is anyone with a FVP-4300T able to confirm this ?
    many thanks

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 11:45:56 #2 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I have copied files from my old 9200T to the FVP-4000T via the USB connection. I had the 9200 custom firmware running.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 12:20:21 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mhargreaves - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have copied files from my old 9200T to the FVP-4000T via the USB connection. I had the 9200 custom firmware running.

9200 Custom Firmware ? Afaik there is none available. The 9200 can export it's recordings natively to usb, pretty sure the 9300 cannot, it needs the drive connecting to a PC and using HumaxRW to read the filesystem.

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:42:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trillian796

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

9200 Custom Firmware ? Afaik there is none available. The 9200 can export it's recordings natively to usb, pretty sure the 9300 cannot, it needs the drive connecting to a PC and using HumaxRW to read the filesystem.

Yes the drive does need to be connected to a PC and HumaxRW used to read the file system. How would you recommend writting back to a new FVP-4000T ?

| Mon 31 Oct 2016 14:48:10 #5 |
  6. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

My fault - I got confused! I have a Fox HDR T2 with custom firmware and also an older 9200T. It was the HDR T2 I copied files from.

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 13:40:25 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mhargreaves - 15 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

My fault - I got confused! I have a Fox HDR T2 with custom firmware and also an older 9200T. It was the HDR T2 I copied files from.

Now that makes sense. In fact if the 4000T has a DLNA client you can just stream content from a HDR-FOX-T2 (encryption allowing) without copying it.

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 13:57:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

Newbie Alert.

I am looking to replace an increasingly unreliable 9300T with the FVP-4000. The other half has quite a few recordings she doesn't want to lose. I have replaced the disc once with humaxrw but could not put the files back properly. However the recordings seem to be full .ts files which include the subtitles. She needs the subtitles.

So given that is it possible to recover the .ts files,present them to the FVP over a network or USB connection and then play the, obviously SD, files back with the DVB subtitles in the .TS container?

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 19:18:09 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

trillian796

I recovered the files from the disk. Then I converted them to mp4 files (with handbrake) then was able to play them over the network. None of mine had subtitles that I can remember. But if the original file has subtitles as long as when you convert to mp4 you remember to make sure you have the correct options I can't see it not working.

Just do a google search for handbrake and mp4 if you are not sure what I am refering to as I am not sure if I am allowed to link to it

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 20:16:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

I have used handbrake before and it is little different to using ffmpeg. I have not successfully found a way of converting the DVB subtitles though. I put that down to the timing source used by the subtitles being lost and hence not supported. I did get burnt in subtitles to work with MP4 using ffmpeg but not switchable at playback. Basically there don't seem to be any correct options to choose with Handbrake.

What I want to do is a simple copy of the MPEG2 transport stream (.ts)into the new box or attached disc and play back with switchable subtitles from the .ts without any transcoding and not having EPG etc files that would have been there in the new box.

I have a Sony TV but when presented with a disc or USB containing a single programme .ts it will not display the subtitle stream although the DVB subtitles are perfectly readable on VLC or ProjectX.

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 23:26:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.