My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Xbox One Support

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

grunger

Hi

Is anything known about this, I need a T2 PVR to go with my XBoxOne, I know OneGuide doesn't yet work in the UK, but is there any word on which devices will work when it does?
    How much does work currently with the 2000T via the XboxOne?

Cheers!

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:00:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Not entirely sure what you are asking. The XBOX One has a HDMI input, afaik it's purely a passthrough. If you connect anything to this you can use voice control to pass this via the XBOX ONE to the TV.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:33:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

grunger

Hi - Thanks
    Indeed - that's the most basic functionality - anything that outputs HDMI can be fed through the XBox

However it also has an IR Blaster that allows it to control the device plugged in if that is supported, (change channel etc)

And later this year the OneGuide will work with UK EPGs as they do with the US ones, so if your PVR is supported you can simply say Xbox BBC One and it will use the PVR to do that

Just wondering if you can literally just pass it through currently or if it does anything more...

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 17:05:08 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Grandson has an XBOX ONE but it's not located where I can connect a Humax Freeview+ pvr to it. Sorry.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 17:20:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grunger - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Just wondering if you can literally just pass it through currently or if it does anything more...

First sorry to post comment on a thread I know nothing about!

Is what you are asking is:
    does the HDR-2000T accept any HDMI-CEC commands which the Xbox One can already generate even without OneGuide?
    And how much does the HDR-2000T support HDMI-CEC so that the Xbox One can send commands which aren't necessarily on the PVRs remote?
    And will Humax expand its HDMI-CEC command set on the HDR-2000T to include ones specifically to support Microsoft’s version of HDMI-CEC commands?

Or in my ignorance have I got hold of totally the wrong end of the stick?

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:12:20 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

He's talking about the XBOX ONE being able to control a box using Infra Red just like the remote control does by just talking to the box. The console has a very fancy gizmo that in addition to a microphone can also be controlled by making gestures (no rude ones please). It's even said to object to bad language as well, imagine your TV etc answering back if you swear at it.

I imagine this would work without even connecting a box to the hdmi in port. CEC can't change what channel you are watching afaik.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:20:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

grunger

Yes it's the IR-Blaster (which is part of the new Kinect sensor housing) bit I'm on about, as stated above it allows the XB to control other devices - you can tell it what TV, AVR etc you have and if you then say Xbox On, it will power up itself, the TV, AVR etc by beaming the IR signals.

OneGuide allows the EPG to be integrated directly to the Xbox and then as above the Xbox controls the PVR, this doesn't yet work in the UK, but it will later this year.

However.....

I figured (hopefully) that since it is a pretty current device it will be made to work with OneGuide, so I'm now the owner of both an Xbox One and a HDR-2000T.

I'll let you know how I get on,

(I'd do some testing now, but just found that with my new kit layout my front pair speaker cable run is 6 inches too short for the AV Receiver's new home.... Grrrr )

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 20:41:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.