My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

you view always freezing, constant problems

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Northwave

is it just me or are the humax youview boxes flawed. we bought one in febuary from humax direct on the manager special which are supposed to be grade a condition. True can be said that they look as good as new but when it comes to operation it has many issues. last week we exchanged our box for the third time. all the boxes we have had seem to last for around a month or 2 at the most then they start to freeze up, not switch on, fail recordings ( prob due to it freezing when we out), black screens, no sound etc etc, on average we were doing around 8 or more resets a day. Most were soft resets using front button but sometimes all else failed apart from switching of at back. Humax got us to try various resets and restores but to no avail. Simply just do a exchange for another faulty box.....
    We are on our 4th box this year and after only 2 days it would not record, all scheduled recordings disappeared , soft reset fixed it. today it has turned on and froze...twice.
    I'm at my wits end with the whole thing.we can't get a refund as past the 30 day. all we get is 6 month warranty each time we get a exchange. Humax customer service just don't seem to care and basically just push to exchange for another faulty box instead of getting me a resolution .
    I'm going to have to write to them again now as i can't believe our 4th box is again faulty.
    HELP...!!!! what can i do........

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 16:42:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sounds like a DTR-T1000. My experience was very similar to yours (and you can find plenty of others in the same boat). In the end I extracted the HDD for re-use, and donated the remains to the local recycling station.

These were the first boxes released, and they do seem to have had a high failure rate. Unfortunately, even those who've bought new and paid full price have had little redress from Humax other than the revolving-door exchange process.

Newer models (DTR-T2000) are reportedly much better. I know that's not much comfort.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 17:09:24 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.