My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

You View (Free View) affected by TV location

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn

Installed Humax on shelf behind wall mounted TV on adjustable hinged support arm in corner of room. on occasion Humax randomly jumps to a diffent channel and the volume control flashes up every few seconds while the volume increases to max on its own.
    Tried installing a wire mesh to provide a RF shield (faraday cage)with partial success.
    Stopped the channel jump and volume problem but the you view guide sub directory flys across the bottom of the screen like ducks at a fairground shoot!
    Very difficult to nail it with the hand remote.
    Spoke with Humax technical they have no installation documention that warns about installing a humax unit behind the TV but the guy did recollect that someone a couple of weeks ago had moved the Humax from behind a TV and the problem cleared up.
    I spent a lot of time fixing a shelf so that only the TV is seen so I don't want to move it and have cables dangling down the vall.
    Any suggestions please?

| Wed 7 Aug 2013 14:04:38 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum

If the problem appears to be due to RFI then I would replace all cables with better screened versions.
    Otherwise, are you using an IR extender that maybe picking up stray IR from for example flourescent or low energy lights?

Edit: see also this thread (link)

Mod Note: Moved to correct forum

| Wed 7 Aug 2013 20:19:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn

Thanks for your comments.
    I am using quality screened cables, same as used on my Humax freeview and freesat units that I have under my TV in the lounge with no problems.
    This You View unit does seem to work properly if located away from behind the TV, which by the way is in the master bedroom.
    I am just suprised that it is so sensitive to electromagnetic interference fro the Sony 37" LCD TV.
    After all smart phones have internal mesh screens so why not PVR's?

| Thu 8 Aug 2013 13:37:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn

Forgot to mention that I have LV down lights but they were not on at any time plus the fact that my job is lighting consultancy so I am aware and appreciate your comment.

| Thu 8 Aug 2013 13:40:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

malc

I've got mine cable tied to back of tv and have usb ir with the eye tabbed to front of tv, never had problem.
    took a few goes to find ir on the box

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Infrared-Remote-Control-Receiver-Emitter-USB-Adapter-IR-Extender-Repeater-EA-/360700831159?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_RemoteControls&hash=item53fb71e5b7

| Tue 20 Aug 2013 19:05:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn

Thanks malc,

I'll give it a try

| Thu 22 Aug 2013 16:46:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn

I re-read the Humax installation booklet, on the very last page it mentions electro-magnetic interference can occur and recommends that the HUMAX unit should be at least 100mm distance(4 inches)away from the wall mounted TV.
    I stood the HUMAX unit which normally sits horizontally on the rear shelf into the perpendicular so that the recommendation was met and the jumping effect on TV screen MY View display control options has gone so I can now click on each static option.
    So thanks guys for trying to help!

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 13:25:44 #7 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Good news and thank you for the update.

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 20:33:57 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.