My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

YouTube content different on 2000T than Internet?

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 1 hour ago  » 
    The video in question is also available on my 2012 Samsung TV's YouTube app, which does not have the menu icons down the lefthand side. There doesn't seem to be a version number on any of these YouTube apps.
    Edit. The TV version does support pairing. Also, both the Freetime box and the TV have ITV Player in their catchup section. I wonder if YouTube only shows TV catchup content on devices where the relevant player is present, i.e. rights have been agreed.

Good idea but there are some Midsomer Murders episodes on the HDR FOX T2, including some from the same series, the one that the OP wants is missing and others I guess.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 15:17:07 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Good idea, but there are some episodes of Midsomer Murders on the HDR FOX T2 version including some in the same series as the one the OP wants.

I will check out Youtube on my Panasonic TV and report later.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 15:19:57 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Interesting, my 2014 Panny has Freetime (satellite tuners) and apps.

The app is the newer version and will pair to my phone (and has the missing episode). The freetime On Demand option doesn't have the youtube app at all. It does have the options not available as apps.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 15:27:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Yes, interesting. Meanwhile I've checked the YouTube app on my Panasonic Blu-Ray/HDD Recorder. This does not have ITV Player, but it does have the YouTube version with the icons down the LH side, and it does offer pairing, and it does have the Midsomer Murders episode.

So my guess about it depending on the presence / absence of ITV Player fails.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:07:40 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, interesting. Meanwhile I've checked the YouTube app on my Panasonic Blu-Ray/HDD Recorder. This does not have ITV Player, but it does have the YouTube version with the icons down the LH side, and it does offer pairing, and it does have the Midsomer Murders episode.
    So my guess about it depending on the presence / absence of ITV Player fails.

you have started something :-). You tube on my LG 3D Blu-ray is the same. Only apps are NOW TV, BBC iplayer, You Tube and Amazon.

And it can also be paired to my phone. Never seen 3 devices in the pairing list before.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:23:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

So here is my latest guess: the 2000T YouTube app can't show Midsomer Murders, either because it's an old app and can't handle the format (unlikely, as it should produce an error message rather than hiding the entries)

OR

because with no pairing, and no user log-in, the app doesn't meet ITV's requirements (again, for rights and/or ad purposes)

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 16:37:50 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.